Monday, December 14, 2020

My Week

 Tuesday I had an appointment with Dr Churuku for a prep on my colonoscopy next week.  In the afternoon I was on our Chatham American Legion color guard for the funeral of one of our own at Camp Butler.

Monday evening I was really disappointed in our first night of Nose Work 3 class. Amber sniffed the floor more than the boxes. She walked right past the hot box (with the odor to detect) couple of times. I wanted to put her back in the kennel rather than continue with the "find it" search.  I was upset and want to stick a q-tip up her nose (odors are soaked on a q-tip taped to the inside of the box).  The other two dogs in this class hit on the correct box. I practiced our homework similar to this with Amber this week no longer than 5 minutes per practice time. https://youtu.be/TcTrzrUr3Cw

In agility, Lisa, my instructor, sent me this video of our agility practice last Saturday.  That's a bit encouraging.  The trick of this exercise was to switch directions before the tunnel.  Watch here:

I had our Christmas photo taken at the salon that cut my hair.  TDIEVA Sophie and TDIA Amber with their impatient handler (me). On the way home I saw a family doing a window visit at the nursing home I used to visit and busted in on their visit (masked of course)

Here is the winter newsletter and Amber has a photo in it:   http://tdi-dog.org/images/Winter_2020.pdf
 I saw that one of the TDI handlers had sewed backing on the bandana like quilters do so I did this also.  That bandana always looks like a wrinkled mess.

I had enough fabric to make a matching mask.

Sunday's mass had a special anniversary blessing for John and Carol O'Neill

I got my son his Christmas present this week. He got a new garage door with an opener.  He really needed it too.  

I did some running back and forth to Fedex to print and copy documents for my nephew's court claim for my sister's estate.  Despite a prenuptial agreement to keep finances separate, and assuming Norm may precede her in death as being the elder in this marriage, Kathy had done her best to hold up her end of the pre-nup so as not to leave any medical costs behind and be a burden on her husband.  It's important to understand there's also an imbalance of wealth in favor of her husband. When there were no medical costs, Norm kept her Roth funds that were entrusted to take her through to her dying days and the remainder to her heirs as per her last will and testament.  He kept it without making any contribution toward her finances.  He violated the pre-nup for which he insisted having her agree to sign.  He logged into her accounts while she was lying on her death bed and transferred funds to his own accounts. Norm has a strong lawyer and my nephew is representing himself.  He is doing a lot of research and disadvantaged being states away. I want to help in any way that I can.  This is on-going. 

Sunday was the Gaudete Sunday when we light the rose colored candle on the Advent Wreath.  This pink candle represents Joy.   Father's sermon told about the Secret of Success  story but changed it from "wisdom" to "prayer" context to gasp for air to communicate with God. Without prayer we cannot know God. We cannot know someone who we don't talk to.

There is little Joy this particular Sunday because my brother's wife was in a serious car accident on Sunday.  More prayers please.    I really have little else to do or say.


 

 

 


No comments:

Blog Archive