Monday, June 22, 2020

My week

I've been sewing and learning the parts of my Baby Lock Joy.
What I really see translated:

I'm trying to sew an 1830s dress.  I felt invincible and ready for a big project but now I think I'm in over my head with this dress.  I fear I'll be short of fabric for the historic dress that I've been dreading to sew for over a year staring at it.  It calls for 7 1/2 yards and I have 5 1/2. It has gigot sleeves and a ruched collar.  I got everything cut out for the bodice and realized I'll be short fabric for the skirt.   I stopped by Joannes and Hobby Lobby and I don't think I'll have enough fabric for the skirt.  So I'll just use the bodice for practice.  I did find some clay pots at Hobby Lobby that had a crack but good for Amber's shell game.


Instructional video for the shell game:
When leaving the parking lot, I saw a homeless man and his camp behind a vacated mattress store.  He was sleeping in the shade behind the store but in the tree line I saw a walker. The nearby stop light is popular for street begging.
Amber's AKC Trick Performer certificate arrived today.  This is really a grandfathered award equivalent from Do More With Your Dog to AKC title as recognized (plus a fee)

Amber's award report so far this year:

Next I want to work on "elite performer " which is tricks performed along a story line.  I want to do a Christmas theme and have decorated her hoop into a wreath.  It's a work in progress.  I need to convert the weave poles into candy canes.  Trouble is her inconsistency and moodiness to perform. 


I picked my first cherry tomato of the season

I had a handyman come over on Monday for chores.  My last blog I mentioned my shutters being bad on the whole house fan so here's the replacement.
I had new jacks for my door so that it will close and not let the dogs out.
My rain gutter was redirected away from the house.
I also had hinges put on my coffin (refer back to this blog).  He was very courteous and reasonable.

I'm so proud of Alan for a 15 year service recognition.  I know he didn't work for the VA that long but it include military service time.


I've had a lot of unknown callers.  I  changed my phone's outgoing voice greeting to:
"This is Rose, please leave a message and I'll call you back.  Leaving a message by a legitimate caller is important especially if you're not in my contact list.  Failure to do so could result in your number being blocked.  I too can play the unknown caller via VOIP."
When that didn't produce voice messages, I changed it to:
"I don't answer unknown calls, please leave a message and I'll call back"

I'm getting sick of the "racists shaming".  Not necessarily toward me personally but from what I see.  Seems like if someone is white, and leans the liberal way politically, the name caller is desperate to resort to name calling.  How childish.

I watched Raintree County (1957) Elizabeth Taylor, Montgomery Clift & Eva Marie Saint
I never saw it but when I notice (again) the critics from the reenactors on Facebook.

No comments:

Blog Archive