Tuesday, June 2, 2020

My Week


 
I was watching a member of the Capitol Canine Training Club's trick video and thought to myself, I can do that.  I've been spending more time training while sheltering in place.  There were many retakes but I made a compilation of required 5 expert level tricks so I put in a bonus trick of 6.  Note that 6 distance tricks count as one expert level trick.  Here is Amber's Trick dog Expert video.
  FYI: The list of acceptable tricks can be found here:
Next level through Do More With Your Dog is Trick Champion.  I personally want to do AKC trick performer .  Then next on to AKC Elite Performer with tricks performed to a story.  But first I must transfer the DMWYD title over to AKC trick title.  I may have to wait for the library to open to make copies.

I had ordered a 120" rubber roll for the back room for a non-slip training environment. The ceramic tile floors may be nice and easy to clean but not that great for dog training.  It's like a giant black yoga mat. Oh and that strong rubber smell permeates the house.  The weather has been good for airing things out but after 4 day, still a strong smell.  I mopped it with Pinesol to help.  Soon it will be air conditioning time and the "window of opportunity" to air things out will end.  I've been doing a slow stop-n-go mile walk with the dogs but as it warms up, I'm not sure the girls can hack the distance.

Saturday morning I had groceries delivered.  My virtual yoga class had technical difficulties.  I held that pose.  Then I had a video conference with the Catholic War Veterans state board.  afternoon, our Chatham American Legion posted colors at the Danenberger Family Vineyards.  Lunch was included.  Here I was at the end of the color guard and the St Bernard comes between me and the Legion Riders flag.

Monday morning I was a pall bearer for the funeral of the Diana Schumacher . She is the wife of a member of our Catholic War Veterans.  Her husband, Dan, had not been able to make too many meetings because of her illness.  He was pretty recluse and little family or friends to call on to aid as pall bearers.  There were only 3 pall bearers and the funeral staff helped.  

Therapy Dog International has authorized window visits so Amber has an appointment to visit the nursing home outside this coming Thursday. Only about 5 or 6 residents will be able to see out the window so we may be able to do repeat performances. Better practice and pack up her props.

There was a open ended question in our agility facebook group that asks, "What makes your dog unique?". So I thought about Amber.  Here's my reply:  My dog is a girl but her mannerisms are so masculine: she yawns loud, male voice-like barking, lifts her leg to pee, humps my pillow and sissy at the veterinarian. Thank God for the exception on the male farting trait.

A hummingbird that visits my feeder from time to time.   I don't understand why these little birds are so much more enjoyable than other birds.  It must be something about that long beak.




 

No comments:

Blog Archive