Monday, June 15, 2020

My Week

Wednesday morning I smelled gas in the bathroom coming from my dryer.  I turned off the valve.  Plumber fixed in the afternoon for $170.
I ordered a replacement flaps for my whole house fan.  Should arrive about June 19th and then to find a handy man to install it.  I'm making a list.  Meanwhile, I stuffed the opening because attic heat is coming through.
Friday I had an appointment with Suttons about warranty work on my sun room.  I thought it was settling because the windows don't close but he thinks he can order parts.  So that will take about 2 weeks.

 Amber's annual visit to the vet was scheduled for 8:30.  I asked if she was fat.  He said he wouldn't call it that but I shouldn't let her gain.  She gained a pound since last year (from 19.6 to 20.4) even as active as we've been.  She's also been getting lots of treats for her behavior.   He gave her the annual heartworm shot instead of getting monthly pills.
The waiting area is now in your car or outside parking lot.  I took the opportunity to ready her for being on a table.

I finally finished tacking down the trim on this wide brim hat I started last year.  Earlier I sewed a lining but had numerous changes of mind on the top


Wednesday I went to the Goodwill for senior discount day that has been modified for social distancing standards.  I found some good yardage and a pot for planting.  Not too much on clothing that was interesting but I took a chance on some cropped pants for summer because you can't try things on.  Changing rooms are sealed.

My daffodils that have burst problems were replanted in different locations in my yard.  Now given up on and replanted in the ditch on the property line.  Good luck daffodils.  They are now property markers if they are lucky.

Thursday was veterans discount day at Ace Hardware.  I picked up a geranium plant since they are on sale now and I like the way that they flower one right after another.  In the evening I went to our Catholic War Veterans meeting.

I'm frustrated with my gym membership exercising from home.  I registered for our exercise circuit class on Friday that's supposed to be live on Facebook and get a live video of weight lifting at the gym.  What good is a video of people lifting weights in a gym when you are home with dumbbells? Then Saturday I registered for live yoga at the gym and it lost connection after 12 minutes.  Screw "Facebook live" yoga when I can do it on YouTube without internet cutting out. Now to search out more videos to motivate me. I don't see exercising in the gym for awhile especially if the state fair is even deemed unsafe and church must be sanitized for sitting in a pew. Withdrawal into my own "Mind and Body"!

I had ordered a mourning cap on Etsy on 29 March, 2020 it's handmade in Russia. It still hasn't arrived.  But then the dress I planned for it I still haven't started.  I had been completing other things but this is a big project and an 1830s dress could be difficult with gigot sleeves. I figure if I can help sanitize pews after Mass I can sanitize my house after Mass


For lack of meetings during the pandemic, Commander Sean Connolly and Adjutant Rose Connolly presented the Post AmVet of the year 2020 posthumously to Bettie Sprinkel on behalf of her late husband, Francis "Jerry" Sprinkel on Jun 14, 2020.



After 3 months, I haven't needed to get toilet paper on Instacart. I got gas in my car for the 2nd time in 3 months and even got a car wash.   I sometimes think this quarantine is worse than when I was stuck in the house after my spinal fusion for 3 weeks.  There is a difference though....I do walk the dogs 4 times a day. 

No comments:

Blog Archive