Monday, September 30, 2019

My Week



Wednesday lunch with Michael at County Market and since the hospital is so close I dropped off my questionnaire at the volunteer office.

At 3 PM I was part of our Chatham American Legion color guard for the re-dedication of the WW1 memorial.  It was moved from North Grand Ave to Oak Ridge Cemetery with the other state memorials.

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190925/in-rededication-donor-felt-wwi-memorial-needed-to-be-done
he World War I Memorial currently lists the following names. If you recognize the name of a family member, we encourage you to attend the ceremony on September 25th.


 Note that on the west wall, there's a woman's name that died in WW1.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/76020988/geneva-e_-casstevens?fbclid=IwAR0_E-Nw-7SkJY28EYV1GhEZF6R817k7mgYmghBL1qjyeBuwmo2xXBGQ0co


Amber's Halloween Pumpkin costume came in the mail.

I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum for “FACT VS. FICTION: World War II Movies”.
https://www.facebook.com/Lincoln.Museum/videos/803393853412404/

Very interesting but I had to leave before it ended so I could make Amber's Agility 101 class at Capitol Canine Training Club.  Amber was introduced to a new obstacle, the tire.

Friday morning I went to an orientation training session for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.   It looked like a busy day there because of the busses and film crew.

Saturday morning I went to yoga class and we had a substitute instructor that was equally as good.  I went to the Wimmer Cemetery for their "Light up the Cemetery" fundraiser.  I had my "Off" clip on fan for the insects but apparently that doesn't work on knats.  the video I took is rather jerkey.  This lady was the best of their presenters and the only one that did not read a script.


Then I went to the Chatham Jaycee's Octoberfest breakfast in the park. I cleaned up the sun room which it had been too hot earlier.  

Amber went on her second therapy dog visit to the nursing home.  She entertained them with her tricks.  I had to call her a few times from wondering off and say "leave it" to some food on the floor.  She settled in nicely and the people seemed pleased.  She demonstrated "paws on a bucket",  sit, down, come, stay, sit in box, spin, shake, high 5, roll over, bang-dead dog,  kiss on my cheek and playing piano.   I am having difficulty having Amber carry her basket.

Sunday evening I went to the 114th Regiment's 50th anniversary banquet at the Northfield Center.

I bought the book about the 114th to keep up on the factual information about the unit we support.

I had some trouble with the front of my skirt being too long.  This dress has both a day bodice and a ball gown so dancing could change the length depending on the occasion.  The "skirt lifters" (little ties) were not helping and looked sloppy so I solicited some advice.  So when I got home I tried the advice before undressing.  I added an extra petticoat to pull the skirt bottom up.  It worked except that the petti showed so I can fix that by tightening the waist band hooks and shortening a bit.
Peggy spoke about the Soldiers Aid Society's role in supporting the 114th.

Monday I just got some chores done a little at a time since it was so hot and especially muggy after the scattered rain showers.  There was even a small tornado north of here in Lincoln.


No comments:

Blog Archive