Monday, September 2, 2019

My Week

Tuesday morning I went to my In The Zone agility foundations clinic.  I was so proud of Amber doing well.  Sure she did her necessary sugar-rush run around but when it came time to perform, she really did it.  I did film Mary while I was in the peanut gallery in an effort to learn as much as I could.

I cam home and walked the dogs and changed for the Lincoln Tomb.  I got there at 2PM and a new employee was getting an orientation for his first day.  He was picking things up rather well.  I have been trying to encourage people to come back in the evening for the flag lowering ceremony with the 114th Regiment at 7PM.

 
Well I was trying to show off the bum roll at the back of the dress but the big sleeves hid that feature.
I stopped by Vi's Pet Palace to make an appointment for Sophie next week.  The place was recommended by a worker from the nursing home.


Amber had another jolt from the pricks on Nut grass.  At least now I know what it's called.  

See Sophie on Page 24 of the Fall TDI newsletter. http://tdi-dog.org/images/Fall_2019.pdf
Friday evening I took Amber to ring-ready practice at the club.  Amber is intimidated by another dog named Hannah.  I worry about this.  I called Hannah's mom to see if they were in the upcoming classes together and was first told "yes" but then clarified that it was a different session.  I picked up some things at the Dollar General and one of them was a package of balloons.
 When you don't have grandchildren, you create your own child.  I introduced Amber to a balloon. What a riot. Short lived as with most real grandchildren.

Saturday I used a coupon at the Dollar General store.  I got a zombie dog and zombie dog shirt.

In the evening I went to the Lincoln Home for an event called "Party Like it's 1860".  The dance platform was really inadequate because later there were as many as 25 trying to dance there.  Last year we danced in the gravel road behind the white fence.

Here's my photo

Here's the group photo (yep short people in front)

Here's a link to the news:
https://foxillinois.com/news/local/event-showed-what-it-was-like-in-lincolns-time?fbclid=IwAR3ATqD6yzU-QfZbK2P15L5BimZXA1k8qK-MZwn8CcVmp_jQnPPbIz5PAy0

That night was a pretty sleepless night with a loud thunderstorm.  Amber was shivering and constantly moving around.  Even I, who sleeps without hearing aids, could hear the boom.  I understand we had 5"-7" of rain between 2AM-5AM.  Lightning burned a barn with antique car and tractor but the cows survived
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/overnight-barn-fire-under-investigation

I got some small sewing projects started and out of the way.  I replaced a side zipper in a dress I got at the Salvation Army that was real cute and had the half off color of the week.  I knew it would be difficult because the zipper had an outer shell and inner lining.  Then I started sewing some Civil War pockets but will need some hand sewing for the opening.  Left that for on scene reenactment time.and the machine part done.

Labor day was beautiful.  I decided to take the dogs for a walk in Jacksonville square to see the Fallen Heroes memorial


 this seemed rather special (not that others were not) because it was a fallen chaplain which reads "The safest place for me to be is in the center of God's will, and if that is the line of fire, that is where I will be" ~ Chaplain Henry Timothy Vakoc ~ June 20, 2009 killed by an IED on returning from celebrating Mass in Iraq.


There's a ferris wheel car in the square also.
 Lord, I ask you to watch over my men as we go into the Valley of the shadow of death.  I know that the enemy we face is not only and enemy of America, but an enemy of Israel, as well as an enemy of You.  If it is Your will that one of us from Weapons Platoon should fall, please let it be me and not one of my brothers.  In Your Name I pray. Amen ~ Cpl Adam Jones (Last Facebook posting dated Mar 8, 2011)
 Then on the way back I went by the dog park.  It's rather new and the water hasn't been hooked up and that's what the girls needed after walking in the square.


I met a new puppy down the street named Bruno.  He's 8 weeks old and half dane and mastiff. 

No comments:

Blog Archive