Monday, September 9, 2019

My Birthday Week


Tuesday started with a early morning drop off for Sophie at Vi's Pet Parlor.  That pretty little bow did not last till we got home.
 Carla said that Sophie was well behaved.
 Then I got Amber's TDI credentials in the mail.  Now to arrange her first visit but it will be a lot different than Sophie's visits.  I think Amber would perform for people more than sit on laps.
For my birthday, I went to exercise in my tiara on my birthday and our Powerworks masters group sang to me.  I had breakfast at Hardees.  Since I only have an estimate of Amber's birthday, she celebrates with me.  I put on the little dog tee that says "woof it up it's my birthday".
I got a call from my brother and sister.
My sons gave me the humble, affordable gifts I asked for plus an apple watch. I was really surprised because I didn't want them to go all out like that.
We had dinner at Sun Tai and it wasn't crowded because of the big high school football game in Chatham.

My sister gave me a gift that I was sworn not to open until my birthday.  She lovingly made me a sister banner.


Thank you to all who remembered my birthday, all 160 wishes on Facebook!  That doesn't count the comments on other birthday wishes, just the post count.  I hope I posted "thanks" on each one.

Even Google home knew it was my birthday.  "Ok, Google when is my birthday?" She knew!  But when I asked her to sing Happy Birthday, she sang perfectly but not personalized.

😍

Saturday was beautiful.  I walked the dogs and did not have my Apple watch on to count my activity so this is an experimental day.  I did get a facebook message on there and I like the way it gives me a little jolt on my wrist.  Especially nice if I don't have my hearing aids on and when I got a phone call.
I went to yoga.  I took Amber to Petsmart for free sample Saturday and then I went to the Marbold Farmstead in Greenville for the artisan fair.




Loved this trailer that sold shaved ice.  "A bonfire is just a redneck night club",  "More Cow Bell", "Junk Yard Survivor", "My mason jar has runneth over", "my Ya'll is authentic",  and
"There's no way everybody was kung fu fighting".
     




Amber had to behave herself.
Afterward I drove through the town off the highway and saw this cute Marbold building near the square.


Sunday I had Mass with the Catholic war veterans.
Luke 6:1-5
In short, he is claiming that he is above their rituals, even perhaps the defining practice of pious Jews, because he is the Lord. Thus the rules must be placed in subordination to the kingdom of God, the kingdom that the Lord Jesus is ushering in even here and now.

Then I went to the "Ride to Remember" but of course I no longer do the ride.   I've attended many times before.  There were some raindrops.  Here's a video taken behind my back.

Here's some I took


The approach to the capitol building had an huge overhead flag welcoming the procession. Intersections were secured by police as we went by.
 Motorcycles lined up for the long way to the capitol.
 Pre-departure briefing short and simple.
 Roady said the departure prayer.  He prayed everyone safety three times.


 Sunday evening, Amber thought it would be better to have fresh water than that of the bowl on the floor.
 So I end this on Monday after Sophie's nice Therapy Dog visit today and VFW meeting.

No comments:

Blog Archive