Sunday, October 6, 2019

My Week



Amber is learning a few new tricks. She actually pushed this a little with her "paws up" command. She learned a tap light, hoop jump, spin on a platform, skateboard and ring a bell. I'm trying to build on her "roll over " to pull a blanket over herself. I'm lucky just to get her to take a corner in her mouth briefly.
Amber is entered in the AKC Advanced Rally A trial on Oct 11 in Caseyville, IL.  I have realized that my club members like the brags about the AKC titles but my friends who don't understand AKC titles seem to appreciate the tricks.  I plan to refocus efforts on tricks.  I want to get her to stand on my back with me on all fours.  That's a trick she could do without a prop on the fly.

Wednesday morning I went to the Unaccompanied Burial at Camp Butler.
 These are the names of those that received their military honors.

I had an optical appointment at 11AM because my glasses must be scratched since I can't seem to clean or buff out the smudges.   It's especially bad with night driving.  My vision hadn't changed much.  I mentioned my historical glasses and thinking of having some in sun glasses.  She pulled this pair of her drawer and said she had ordered 4 and this was the last.
Then I took Amber and Sophie to Little Flower Church/school for the blessing of the pets.  Sophie wore her wings. Besides dogs being blessed, there was a rabbit, guinea pigs, goldfish and a snake.


I went to the dog club for practice at 5:30 but nobody was there.  They canceled last week too and didn't tell me.  Now next Wednesday I have Amvets so I can't go to practice before Friday's AKC rally test.  I feel alone in this one.

Then I went to the Legion Riders meeting.

Thursday morning's yoga class had a substitute.  Our regular instructor's father is not well.  I went to Aldi and restocked on wine and I needed stuff to bring to a pot luck for the New Salem Candlelight walk volunteers.  I went to an event called "Am I Doing This Right?" October 3, 2019 St. John's Therapy Care.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening I helped with tours at the New Salem candlelight walk.  I was in a different cabin each evening:  Hill House, Lukin House and Burner. Here I am with a statue of Lincoln inside the reception center.


 This is the lean-to workshop for the cobbler that had a glass ball to illuminate the workbench.  Another illuminating factor was the whitewash walls making this room brighter than the living quarters it was attached.
 This is my willow basket backpack.

Sunday Sean and I took Mo, Amber and Sophie to church for a pet blessing of St Francis.


     

Here are the other photos
https://www.stjoschatham.org/photos/view/id/48427

Now Sophie has a PAL number and with a little photo copy work and a fee she can be AKC Therapy Dog and Canine Good Citizen.  That's off in the mail.

Monday Sophie went on a visit to Regency Care.    I went to the Legion meeting in the evening and gave a briefing on the Quincy Advisory council meeting that I attended on Saturday.  I carpooled with Rex who represents the Korean War Veterans.

No comments:

Blog Archive