Monday, October 28, 2019

My Week

Wednesday Morning I woke up with a headache. After a few aspirin, I vomited.   Then I felt better. I attended a PGR Honor Mission for Francis Eugene "Dutch" Jennings, US Army, Carlinville/Springfield, IL, 23 October 2019

Thursday I took my refrigerator magnet nativity to the Chiara Center for the upcoming Nativity Festival.  I told them that I couldn't bring the whole refrigerator so this stand would have to do.
 After dropping it off, I took the girls for a walk and found a beautiful setting of the Franciscans since St Francis is the patron saint of animals.

 In the evening I took Amber to her final lesson in agility 101.  Mary is trying to recruit me into being an assistant in the upcoming classes.  I feel I should have the full experience first.

Friday evening I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum with our Soldiers Aid Society and 114ath Regiment that posted colors for a banquet.  We were greeting the guests as they came in.

Saturday morning I stopped by the Abraham Lincoln Museum to see the display for Rosie the Riveter.   I stood next to size chart of the Lincoln's.  I'm shorter than Mary.
   

Sophie's AKC Therapy Dog Excellent Title came in the mail on Saturday. 

Trick or Treaters at the Old State Capitol; rain couldn't keep this washer and dryer home.

Sunday I took Amber with me to Lincoln's New Salem for the fall festival.  The golden trees were at their peak for fall.  This was a 2 day event but I volunteered on Sunday only from 11- 4. I wanted to keep Saturday clear on my calendar in case we wanted to do something for Alan's birthday.  Turns out we decided to celebrate his birthday on Monday since we have an appointment for a family photo.  That was a blessing in disguise because it rained pretty heavy on Saturday.  Sunday was perfect.  Usually when I have Amber and Sophie together, people go straight to cute little white fluffy. Amber had no competition here. Besides, Amber is more period correct for New Salem since Pekes were introduced to Queen Victoria in 1860 after this time.  These photos were taken by my friend, Peggy Bartling. 

Many of the others in their historic dresses wore caps but since I had long hair and could put it on top in period fashion, it was a shame to cover it up.  Amber was pretty exhausted on the way home.

Here's the photos that I took.  Since Amber's rescue name was Ember, I thought it funny she was checking out the fireplace.

Some wondered why I didn't have a fire in the fireplace.  I was lazy.
 I wanted to show off my willow basket on my back.  It's on the floor behind the table in the above photo.
This was a wonder fall day. Might not be this nice for awhile.  I met a family named "Clary" Yep, 7th generation of the bad Clary Grove Boys of New Salem. We had a nice chat about that incident.

I see that New Salem's Fall Festival made the news:
https://www.sj-r.com/news/20191027/visitors-confront-lincoln-in-a-foundational-place?fbclid=IwAR0h8aAVuOSXRGOSGG_PIlCL0BAFrbVR9u5I9IoWygywf9SZWtRS1rWWv4Q

Monday I took Sophie on a Therapy Dog visit.  I know someone there caring for his mother in hospice. :(
Then we celebrated a late birthday for Alan with dinner at Sun Thai and had a family photo taken for the church directory.   Rain is expected later this week with cooler temperatures and possibly snow mixed with rain. 

No comments:

Blog Archive