Monday, October 14, 2019

My Week

Wednesday I scheduled 4 new windows for November. Funny thing...last night before my AmVets meeting, I stopped by Capitol Canine and the minute I walked in, JoLee asked if I was getting windows. I said "how did you know?" She had talked to Matt after my appointment and said he saw a lady with a dog that demonstrated tricks. She asked Matt what the dog's name was and knew I'm Amber's mom.  I was only there briefly because I went to the Amvets meeting.   After the Amvets meeting I stopped by the Bedell's house to help them with a computer problem.

Thursday morning I got up early to volunteer for a fundraiser for the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.  I had the 6AM- 9AM shift.

Great video
https://www.butlerfuneralhomes.com/learning-center/operation-honor-flight




After my shift from 6A-9A, I had a therapy dog visit with Sophie at 2p.  Then in the evening I took the dogs to a pet blessing at St John's Hospital lawn.  It was raining earlier but stopped for the pet blessing.  However, the wind blew rain off the leaves.  Father Freddy is the hospital's resident chaplain.  I'm not so sure he's a fan of pets but seems to understand God's creatures and their importance.  The blessing out of the book said it all.





After the pet blessing I went to the Catholic War Veterans meeting at 7pm.   I left the girls in the car.  I had to leave at 8p so I could get the dogs walked and resettled in because I had an agility class at 9p.

Friday morning I got the morning routine done (including the trash)  and then headed to Caseyville for the AKC trials.  This is camp Capitol Canine Training Club with my crate and chair in back.
 
 I was feeling a little stressed after our morning non-qualify, and I had a long wait between the trials, I snapped this photo to focus on doing better. "A little more kindness, a little less hurry a little more laughter a little less worry". 
We walked a lot and practiced.   It paid off.



 My number is 1402 at the bottom and then I got to leave.  The 8 on the right is her jump height.
Amber and I got a blue ribbon for our score of 92 from the same judge we got Non-Qualify in the morning. I just had to show WE CAN. I know the NQ was partly my poor gestures and partly Amber's lack of focus.  Since we were first of 3 in our category "AKC Rally Advanced A" I must watch the others.  Oh I felt confident.  I knew we did better than the pug.
I got back home about 7:45 and knew that there was some practice going on till 8 so I stopped in to brag.

Now I must schedule her to pick up that missing trial (AKA leg) to finish titling as AKC Rally Advanced.  I don't want to register for more than one trial because I won't be prepared to use a spare registration fee to bump up into excellent category. Or should I?  Well looking around it doesn't seem like there's any trials around in the near future.

Before retiring, I brought some plants in for Saturday morning we had our first frost.  Time to get the coats out of the dry cleaning bags.  The place I get my cleaning has since went out of business so next year I'll need to find a new place.

Saturday afternoon, I went to Peoria for the unveiling of the newly restored "shaft". This was the 1st post Civil War monument:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbmwefp-3G8



















This is a sign on the way back to my car after the ceremony. They are creating a "scattering garden".
This is a group photo of our Central Illinois Civil War Dancers that attended.









The shaft drapery did not come off but was stuck on the eagle.


Here's the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Springdale-Cemetery-Restore-the-Shaft-186500928832017/
Here's a link on the newspaper (got a good shot of me laying a flower)
https://www.pjstar.com/news/20191012/civil-war-monument-unveiled-at-springdale-cemetery

The drapery didn't release until after the ceremony when Nate (in the background) pulled a rope and ta-da!  It was windy so one of the members of the board hung on the drape.  Notice the gold braid on her sleeves.  I like it so I think our Catholic War Veterans Post Commander needs braiding on his sleeves.
Here's another link to the media:
https://www.wglt.org/post/illinois-first-civil-war-monument-restored-place-honor#stream/0
These are some of the key players in the Shaft re-dedication.

Sunday morning I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans at St Francis Cabrini church.  There was a nice display in the church about "birth right".
 CWV is changing the uniform blazer from light blue to navy blue because of the variations in the color.
After Mass we went to breakfast at Parkway Cafe.   I called my son to see if he was OK at my house and his laundry.  I was hoping he could help tear down my shed.  Since he was ok. I  sought to pursue the "Ride in Honor".  We went to various memorials:  Camp Butler, Spaulding, Oak Ridge and New Berlin.


 My brick at the New Berlin Memorial.
I finally turned the heat on Monday morning.  I've been avoiding that since the days are really nice but getting out of bed is scary.   Now to tear the shed down for the large trash pick up.

No comments:

Blog Archive