Monday, July 22, 2019

My Week


Here's an interesting angle:  Last Sunday's Gospel was about being a good neighbor.  Many associated this Gospel with illegal immigration.
http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071419.cfm
 I contend that these illegals are sinners because of the blatant disregard for the commandment that says thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.  It's one thing to come across someone in need but there are groups of Americans that are going out of their way to bring people here and instructing them to use terms like "asylum".

I watched Benji.  I don't think I ever did watch it but since Amber resembles Benji, I ought to be familiar with the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQl6G61JKk4

Tuesday morning, after exercise class, I took Amber to Lisa Schmit's groundwork class.  Amber did pretty good.  This was the deep thought for the day:

Then I came home, walked the dogs and then went to the Lincoln Tomb.  It was a special day because it was also the "death day" for Mary.  Someone said that I look like I'm floating.
 The last 2 weeks, the cannon didn't go off but it did this week.  Lee honors the flag after performing the duties of his post.

Wednesday I went to Powerworks and we had a group photo.  The parking lot was crowded.  I asked Traci about the form correction my sister told me last week regarding arm across to open the shoulder blade and adding a slight core twist to it.  She said that was fine as long as the arm is across the chest first.  Afterward, a representative from Core Life gave out samples of beet lemonade and ginger honey lemonade.

Amber did the rally course Wednesday off leash and made me proud.  I had my doubts because of her wandering nose causing her to break focus on healing.  I tried this because she needed to do a jump and that's hard on a leash.  I knew she could do the jump because she can jump in my car which is higher than the jump bar.  The challenge  was when she tried to walk around the jump instead of over.  Once she caught on it was better.  

 When I left the club, there was a big rain storm.  The following day the heat.  HEAT ADVISORY!
Thursday was hot.  I took Sophie to the nursing home and then later took the dogs to see a Bella, a 7 yr old granddaughter to one of my neighbors.  I'd been concerned about Amber's reaction to children.  Sometimes she's shy and sometime nonchalant.  It went well.  I gave Bella treats to ration out to the dogs.

Friday I went to the dentist for  a cleaning...no biggie.

I got a call that Amber's Trick Dog title may be invalid due to a complication with the evaluator's license being revoked. We took the test on July 13. I mailed the paperwork on July 15. The evaluator called July 19 to inform me that she had received a letter on July 15 that her credential / license was revoked on July 5 due to a complaint from some other testing she evaluated in confirmation. She later called and said to go ahead and submit the paperwork (too late...already mailed).    (I too noticed a lax item in the evaluator's test that failed to have a child present).  Amber was the veterinarian for a shot and got doctor to sign health papers for the other test she took by the same evaluator for therapy dog.  While in the waiting room, A man was there with is non-verbal autistic son and chihuahua.  I asked the boy to pet Amber. The boy took my arm and put my hand on the dog to pet Amber indirectly like a puppet.  This was good exposure for upcoming visits and I think it went well.

Amber got a new toy from Chewy and she seems to like the card it was attached to.
 My veterinarian thought she looked like President Trump.

In the evening I took Amber to our club's ring ready practice.  I was proud of her.  She especially did a perfect recall.  We were also celebrating Pixie's first birthday and all dogs got a treat bag.  I worry about Sophie getting lax on the requirements for TDI as she gets older. I took her in the yard for recall and she just laid there staring. Wouldn’t budge for a hot dog 🌭. When i said let’s go inside, then she moved.

Sunday Alan got a miter saw via Craigslist.  I met him in Elkhart in-case it didn't fit in his car but it did fit when the seat went down.   Sean did his normal laundry.  This is a good Sunday because I hugged both of my sons.

I took Amber to Powerworks Kids program. I needed to give her exposure to our youth since I don't have any children around my house. It turned out to be a fun experience after Amber sniffed around the environment. Amber did tricks and the kids were given treats so that Amber would approach them. I enjoyed watching this happen. It made my day to see a good thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive