Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Bi-Weekly blog

Well actually this is a bi-weekly report because my computer was fried.  My MacBook Pro was 9 years old and I had it backed up.  It got wet.  Some of the keys were sticking and I even had to pop the "f' key back in (of all letters).   Then my new sewing machine needed help.  I know that Sandy wanted to save my questions in a group but when I can't get past the teeth feeder and threading I can't really develop more questions.  This gave me some free time for getting a few things done.  Oh and boy did it rain.  I can hear the grass growing (weeds too).

On of these weeks I watch Hank and the following week I watched Moe.
I forgot that Hank has a sock fetish.  He doesn't destroy socks, just likes them a lot.


In the evening I went to dance with the Metamora Dancers for the Washington (IL) Historical Society at the beautiful Lutheran Church.  Inside the church worship area was beautiful too but too dark as a back drop for pictures.













I thought it was time to train Hank. He knows  "go 📦 ".  Paws on the bucket is hard for him.
Sophie's paw reminds me of a lucky rabbits foot.

I've been taking Amber to the Capitol Canine Club's open practice called "Ring Ready Obedience".  

 Notice how nice she sits among these distractions while I step away for a photo?  Do I trust her to stay long?  No.
I've also been taking her on Wednesday evenings to a class called "rally practice" for members.

I helped out on Saturday for the season open house at the Elijah Iles house.  I went in a later period outfit from "Frontier Classics"

 There's a nest in the porch light.
Then Sunday I went to a flag pole dedication for a member of our Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.  She just had it installed.  Her house was devestated by a tornado about 10 years ago.

I went to AmVets Legislative Day at the Capitol.  I led the group of veterans to the same entrance that we used for the women veterans recognition on the house floor a few weeks back.  That entrance gets us in 2 buildings without being re-screened  The security guard saw me leading the veterans in and asked me to wait until the rest of the group came.  When we were there by the scanner, he said he'd let us through without the machine because he was a combat vet.   I presented our sheet of paper given me to my rep who recognized me from church.

I had my 2 year post spinal fusion check up.  Dr Williams said it was a waste of time and not to come back unless there's a problem.

On May 1st,  went to our canine practice then to the state museum for a lecture called "Bound to the Western Waters": The Discovery of Lewis and Clark's Long-Lost Outpost of Ft. Kaskaskia,   It's been a long time since I went to Kaskaskia. Looks like they did a lot of excavating and discovered another fort nearby which is now covered by a parking lot.

Sophie went to the groomer and got cute feathers in her ear.
We have had a lot of rain.  Moe is afraid of thunder and lightning unlike my girls.

I had a 3 dog night ( in my bed)🛌
I had my massage on Tuesday.

Friday morning I went to Morton for student day at the Civil War.  They wanted our Metamora dancers but we could only get 2 couples.  Anyhow, they did alright with my player and got the kids to do a hat dance and Virginia Reel.  Meanwhile, I portrayed Belle Reynolds.  Boy my mouth got dry.  Next time, bring refreshing mints.  This park would only allow one horse....a nice friendly one.  Why the long face Mr President?
 Saturday I went to the Military Museum highlighting the 114th Regiment.
 Peggy took a lot of pictures but none of herself so I did it.
 Carol showed us how to turn a Jacobs Ladder into a butterfly
 Here I am in the museum with our sign.
Saturday evening our American Legion post took a shift for the 24 hour IL Vietnam Memorial Vigil.

Sunday evening, Sean and I went to the Peoria Chief's game where Alan was honored as "hero of the game".


 Sean retrieving a snack.
 Waiting for the momment.



 A Plaque and a hat.    



 There he is up on the big screen.
Video of the event.  Especially proud of the people standing and shaking his hand.
I believe the Peoria Chiefs won but we didn't stay for the whole game.
Well I know this was long because of the break.  Until next week.  Blessings ~


No comments:

Blog Archive