Tuesday, May 28, 2019

My week

Monday I took Amber to Regency and once again met Bo coming in for a therapy visit.  She thought Bo and I shouldn't be back to back and we should coordinate.  I said I was on a schedule with the activity director who signs my visit sheets.  She has a nurse sign her sheets.  I told her to meet in the sun room where the activity person is.

I then gave tours at the tomb and took Sophie with me and put her kennel on the porch of the caretaker house.  It was very busy and the only staff member there was the grounds keeper.

Tuesday I took Amber to the 1st day of her 3rd session on agility training.  Once she was off leash she ran like she was on turbo power.  I said no more sugar for you.  When she performed for me, I was so happy I went to her level and let her kiss me doggie fashion...yeah ... the mouth.

Then I went for my massage.  I originally started going for my stiff neck but come back for shoulders.  I also asked for a little on my left leg which the sciatica nerve is bothering me.

Wednesday I watched the giant Lincoln statue installed in front of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.

crane lowering Lincoln

I sat on the concrete wall by the presidential library across the street for the best view but when I jumped off, I skinned my knee.  No I didn't stay the whole time because this took up most of the day.  I ran over to the nearby Salvation Army since it was senior discount day.  I found some nice exercise clothes then came back.

Wednesday evening I went to the Interveterans council meeting.  This was important since we were putting together final plans for Memorial Day.


Saturday morning I was involved in the American Legion color guard for baseball.  Sunday morning I was a Reader at mass.
Sunday I was a reader at Mass and changed into 3 different outfits.  My sons and sister said nay to this patriotic dress.  Off to the Goodwill.
 Then I tried this one.  It made me look PG.
 I settled on this.
Before Mass, I took this photo in my yard.  Yesterday was a nice day for the neighbor to hold a big birthday party.  Must have gotten pretty windy overnight for their awning to blow over the fence into my yard.  I slept through a storm again.

I did ask if there was and cake left and they brought me this:

On Memorial Day I was in the color guard for the American Legion for a 10AM ceremony and then in the afternoon I went to Camp Butler at 2pm for that ceremony.  You can hardly see me in the middle of the flags holding the rifle at ease.  Just my cap.

After this I walked the dogs and decided to stop and ask Donna if she would be interested in going with me to the ceremony at Camp Butler National Cemetery at 2PM.  She had an hour to prepare and I picked her up.  We sad in front.  The governor gave a speech.  Then we had a few carnations for random spectators to place on the "vacant chair".  I did but Donna said she wanted to minimize her walking.  Our director of veterans affairs was also present and she got in that line with me.  She remembered me from both the VFW Vietnam lunch and other events.

Here's the news video for Camp Butler:
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/locals-honor-fallen-veterans-at-camp-butler-national-cemetary

Looking forward to this dog rally that I got in an email:

Your entry for the Capitol Canine Training Club of Springfield, IL obedience
and rally trials on 6/15/19 - 6/16/19 has been accepted as shown below.
Please let me know if there are any errors in your entry as soon as
possible.

Amber Connolly, PAL274824, 9/1/2017, Bitch, Border Terrier, Breeder:
Unknown, Sire: Unknown, Dam: Unknown, Owner: Rosemary Connolly,xxxxxxx, Phone: xxxxxxx

SATURDAY, 6/15/19, Trial 1
  Obedience - Beginner Novice A                                   
  Rally - Rally Novice A                                           

SATURDAY, 6/15/19, Trial 2
  Obedience - Beginner Novice A                                   
  Rally - Rally Novice A                                           

SUNDAY, 6/16/19
  Obedience - Beginner Novice A                                   
  Rally - Rally Novice A                                           

I just think that for the newby in dog competition that "beginner novice" sounds like an oxymoron.  I guess AKC just needed another level added for kindergarten competition.  I'm a little nervous but want to smile and have a nice fun opportunity with my dog.


No comments:

Blog Archive