Monday, May 20, 2019

My Week


Even though I knew Amber had passed her AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC), it sure feels better having the paperwork to back it up.



Thursday it warmed enough to get the power washer out.   I did the front of the house then brought it inside to do the fireplace.  Before and after but it's important to note that doors are open on the before making the photo look darker and that the overhead lights are on in the after photo making it look cleaner.
before with newspapers on the floor.
 after:

Saturday I went to a Civil War discussion in Jacksonville at Illinois College.

Sunday morning was our memorial Mass with the Catholic War Veterans


Monday I took Sophie to the nursing home and brought her kennel also because I was going straight to the Lincoln Tomb afterward. 

I'd been thinking about the abortion debate a lot lately. Then I recall one of Lincoln's quotes regarding slavery. He said it was enshrined in law and as a lawyer he could do nothing but as a politician he could affect change in the law. Today we look back at slavery and wonder what were we thinking? Slavery is wrong and immoral. Abortion is enshrined in law and it's only murder if you don't do it after the birth certificate is printed. What will they say about us killing babies 100+ years from now?

No comments:

Blog Archive