Monday, May 13, 2019

My Week


We sure have been having a lot of rain and the creeks are overflowing.  Although I have been unaffected by the flooding, farmers and homes are having a difficult time.   Alan and I don't have a basement but Sean does.  He doesn't seem to have flooding.  However, the Servpro truck has been busy on my street.

Sophie received her TDI EVA  title in the mail for over 350 visits.
Tuesday I went to our monthly meeting at Capitol Canine Training Club at 7PM and then I attended the homecoming of the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight at 8:30.   The flight was on time. I refer to this as a party in the airport.  Here I am with Mrs Illinois Woman, Michelle Schuster.  She's also a veteran.
Wednesday was our Amvets meeting and we did not have a quorum.   I got some items from Jerry to take to the veterans homeless shelter.  This is also Nurses Week.  So I took my therapy dog to the nurse's tea at St John's Hospital. Hospital volunteer coordinator, Marcia McNicol, with TDIEVA Sophie.
I wore my WW1 nurse outfit





Photos that the hospital staff took can be found by clicking here:



After this,  I changed and dropped Sophie off and went to see the "members only preview" of "All Aboard" at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.







I didn't put my face in one of the holes of the train board.







Then from Union Station exhibit, I went to our Catholic War Veterans meeting.

Friday I was on the color guard for a ceremony at the governor's mansion dedicating the DAR's new garden.  Saturday I was on the color guard for a funeral for Harold Smith.  The DoD Army folded the flag and did a professional job.  When I got to the cemetery,  it was cloudy but not raining.  I was there early enough to help place veteran markers on graves of the recently departed veterans.  Then when the others in our detail arrived, the rain started.

Since Amber did well Friday at open practice at the Capitol Canine Club. I had asked Debbie what Pixie had done to earn her AKC trick dog title and she mention tapping on a piano and a light.

  I found a kiddie piano at the Goodwill for $2.  She's learning to play piano but no Beethoven.  See video of her first key:



I got two boxes of roses from my son via "Proflowers". Both identical including the memo cards.  Sean checked to see if he was charged double but he wasn't.  So I took one to the nursing home for the mothers there.

 I was the first reader at Mass. Fr John ended the Mass with a poem and Mother's Day blessing.  He said (as he has for the past years on this day) that his mother taught him not to show up empty handed on Mother's Day.  The ushers passed these lip gloss out to the mothers.
  I had planned on wearing something light and flowery for Mother's Day but had to change my plans on that outfit.  This rain brought a chill with it. I hope this damp weather is the cause and that it's temporary because I just saw my spine doctor a week ago and told him everything was fine.  I am having trouble bending over and hope it is this damp cold and not my spinal fusion.

My sons came over for Mothers Day and there were 4 dogs in the house.  Alan made dinner of Jeanie O turkey breast and salad. Watched a little TV.  Showed them that Hank and Moe knew 2 tricks: to go in a box, and put front paws on a bucket/inverted rubber bowl.  They seemed to be proud of their dogs doing a trick.  At first they seemed leary at the useless trick but they came around.  Then we did the traditional family dog walk.  I enjoy walking our dogs together.

Alan has my old MacBook Pro and is reworking the guts of it with new parts.  He said it was really sticky inside.  I had tried to keep  it clean but Oh when you sneeze and take that thing everywhere, it's bound to happen over the 9 some years.

So proud of my sister's photo winning Vernon Communications Photo Contest.   She calls this "Pond Sun". 
 
A beautiful way to close this week's blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive