Monday, March 4, 2019

My Week

Last week's stuffy head was not quite healed and returned.  I think in part to our cycle class and chose a bike right under the fan.  Needless to say I had runny nose and chills.  I slept a lot too.

Tuesday I had a 2PM appointment at the Glen Carbon Enterprise car sales. I was there till after 7PM because it was busy and many staff members were gone.



Thursday I participated in the Desert Storm ceremony at the capitol rotunda.  A group of us from the Illinois State Military Museum Living History unit took turns placing a rose for each name of an Illinois member killed in that war.
I didn't go anywhere on Saturday. I just finished an improvement on my regency dress. What a challenge. I must have used the seam ripper on that waistband 10 times.  boobs to work around I had a little extra netting to cover the seam where I had to lower the waist band. Looked like a line across my chest. The netting covered that up. 

Sunday morning I was a Eucharistic minister.  I knew that the attendance at Mass had been shrinking but I thought maybe it was just the earlier Mass and perhaps the winter season.  As I set up for the next service, Sister Judy said I had poured too much wine for that service.  This tells me that they have smaller attendance also.  Sad that people don't have enough faith for a weekly renewal to keep holy the Sabbath.  It was the first experience taking my new car in the snow.  We had 2 inches.  I went to to see the 80th anniversary of Gone With The Wind.  I can't believe that the theater lights were dark during intermission and after the movie when people were moving about.  I suspect the movie was unmanned and was on auto pilot. Viewers had to use their cell phone lights to find their way around.  I had to ask myself if that was a happy ending.

 Monday morning I took Sophie on a visit.
In the evening I went to the American Legion meeting.  As hard up as the post says they are, they once again they voted $200 toward the high school's "after prom" party.  I fail to see how this falls under our mission.  The excuse was that we've always supported it doesn't fly.  I suspect that post members were parents and that's how it got started.  This school doesn't even support veterans as proven by having classes on Veterans Day without even holding a Veterans Day Assembly.  Many of the scouts have to go to school and they were a part our our ceremony on the square.  There's a permanent clique that controls our post.  Oh they like our membership to keep the population alive but that's all we are ~ population. Our past commander, said she'd break up the click. I reminded her that that was why I stuck it out.  She just shrugged.  Now she has bigger issues ~ her health.  I don't need the post but they need me.  Until they realize that, I won't support thier fundraisers.

No comments:

Blog Archive