Monday, January 15, 2018

My Week

This has been a busy week for meetings nearly every day.
Monday I had an American Legion meeting (missed a VFW meeting the same time), Tuesday I had a meeting with the Womens Overseas Service League, Wednesday I had an Amvets meeting, Thursday a meeting with the Catholic War Veterans.  This is the state commander's pin passed out at our meeting.
Tuesday I picked up some items at Aldi and brought home a stick vacuum. In the evening I went to a ribbon cutting and blessing for a new clinic in Chatham by St John's Hospital.  My medical records are with the other hospital but I do volunteer for St John's.

Wednesday I missed my senior exercise group due to a dental appointment but made up for it in the evening with "hot yoga".  While in town, I had lunch at County Market with my former coworker, Michael.  This was a warm and humid day and a break to take down a few Christmas decorations.  I even saw a motorcycle. my yoga instructor passed out home made bread ~ not very Paleo but very nice. 
Thursday was Sean's birthday. We had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings which was convieniently located near where I had a meeting at 7PM.  Alan came and he put the meal on his card.  I felt a little guilty because he just had a major home repair with frozen pipes.  The temperature had a big drop off so I worried about his drive back home.

This is my weekday morning routine at PowerWorks.  They keep changing the names from Silver Sneakers to now Masters.  Friday is our "circuit" of activity so that's me in the background on the right.


Friday I picked up Gene's dog, Trinket, since he's not well.   I then stopped by the VFW.  I got a case of HONVEE Cookbooks to try to sell. I got permission to sell at our upcoming fish fry at the American Legion.

Saturday morning I took Trinket to the groomer. She was very thick and needed thinned out.  I've come to the realization that Sophie is more playful and social around male dogs than females.  This is evidenced by Trinket and the late Pearl. My son's dogs are male and her neighborhood is full of boyfriends.

Then I went to the Lincoln Tomb for an inventory of our office and store items as this organization is about to dissolve.   Then I went to the VFW awards presentation for the the Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen entries.  Whenever kids are involved, parents (sometimes friends but not at this event) are invoked so it was packed.
Here is our post's nominee, Hannah, with Congressman LaHood. 


 Here I am with our commander and quartermaster.
Unfortunately the news didn't focus on our winners but rather the congressman and politics.

Sunday was time for the our Catholic War Veterans Memorial Mass at the Cathedral.  Afterward we went to my own parish for a pancake breakfast at my own parish that benefits the food pantry.  I came home and got to stay around for Sean's laundry day.  Then in the evening I went to the Chesapeake Seafood house for the 114h Infantry Commander's Banquet.  It started snowing so I was concerned about the drive home.  By morning we had about an inch and a half of snow.  It was pretty dry so I swept instead.  Although I went to my exercise group Monday morning, I pretty much was cold the rest of the day and did very little. 


No comments:

Blog Archive