Monday, May 29, 2017

My Week

Nicer Weather than predicted.

Tuesday evening I went to a discussion on back surgery at Memorial Hospital's education center at 6 PM by Dr Van Fleet.  He's one of the other back surgeons.   I learned a lot of new terms and saw what the pictures looked like. I had time to kill between this and the Honor Flight so I filled the tank and stopped by Sean for 1/2 hr.  Moe stepped on his bare foot with his claw.😞  There was a man next to me in the crowd that was at the same discussion.
 Here I am with Les Morgan for our traditional honor flight selfie.

Wednesday I walked Sophie down to see her boyfriend, Mica. I went to a PGR mission at Bisch Funeral Home and got to see my old buddy from Troy, Fat Fred.  Then at 4PM I had to watch the Ellen show because our reenactors were on.

https://youtu.be/frSv7j2IK9o

Then I went to the Interveterans council meeting in the evening.  I updated the website.

I found a buyer for my 250 Yamaha. He's a recently separated marine just out service a week ago and looking for cheap transportation to work in Virden. He made down payment and will make weekly payments. I gave him helmet, cover, tank bag and trickle.

I've cut back on house cleaning to every 2 weeks.  So this week was an no go.

I watched "Annie with and E".  It's a remake of Ann of Green Gables.

Saturday I went to the Lincoln Home to watch the 33d Volunteer Band play. 
Here I am at the Lincoln Home with the sun in my eyes.  Thank heavens for the slat bonnet to shade my eyes.
I wore my new corset for the first time.
Monday I went to the Memorial Day ceremony on the Chatham Square.  I brought our AMVETS wreath since I didn't have to be part of the American Legion color guard this soon after surgery.
Here I am with Gordon Reichert who held the Navy flag among the service flags with the color guard.  I shared the AMVETS wreath I put together.  
I've seen some new faces added  to the American Legion color guard and that's a good thing.
Later I put on my Civil War widow's dress and went to Camp Butler.  I had brought a clipping of my roses for my husband's grave but they got a little wilted after the ceremony. That's alright, summer decor doesn't stay long on the graves because of the mowing.

I'm  reading the "Power of a Praying wife" with an online group:
http://www.womensetapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/The-Power-of-a-Prayingr-Wife-Stormie-Omartian.pdf


 

No comments:

Blog Archive