Monday, May 22, 2017

My Week

 I'm slowly starting to get back into society.  Monday evening I went to the VFW meeting.  I, along with the other officers, were sworn in as officers.  I did remain seated during the pledge of allegiance and prayer however.  

I ordered this no-bend pet bowl and not soon enough. I keep sweeping up dog food that's not very cheap dog food either. I even stirred in wet dog food with dry using my toe twice.  It arrived but was much bigger than I thought for my little dog.  I did order another in a smaller version.  I wish I had this bowl on a stick even before I knew I needed it.   


After my surgery, I had the natural problem so my son got me prune juice. He could only find a big bottle so I finished a little at a time until the last small juice size glass Tuesday morning. Then the bomb happened.  I had an accident in my pants. It was a mess.  I had just showered and walked the dog.  It was a two shower day.  Well, the bottle is empty and won't happen again.

Later in the evening I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum for a foundation sponsored event called "Evening with the Creators".  Topic was about the new seasonal display on the "Cubs vs Cardinals Rivalry"
During the planning phase, Sam Wheeler was asked to look at the sign above the temporary exhibit gallery and was asked to read it out loud. "Illinois Gallery" So then it was translated that the "Cubs vs Cardinals Rivalry" fits that description.


Wednesday I walked Sophie and her collar slipped off her head. I panicked since I can't bend over. I got on all fours and pulled her to me and tightened the collar up a little. Then I crawled to a nearby mail box for an assist to my feet. Oh the hell of these restrictions. 

Wednesday the wind was so high that we had a dust storm.  This is the big Cross on I-72.

Here's the view from downtown at the Old State Capitol looking south.
The roads were closed and there were numerous accidents.  Some casualties.


Chatham man dead in crash caused by dust storm


Thursday I went to a meeting of the Catholic War Veterans.   We had 2 new members and a good turn out especially since this wasn't our normal meeting night of "second Thursday".

Friday morning it poured.  I stepped out in the back yard after the rain and noticed that the house behind me has a slip N slide with a sprinkler running on it.  I guess they forgot to turn it off.

Saturday morning it rained hard.  My new gutters were overflowing.  The bottom extension came off and the other side had nothing coming out at all.
So Sunday I had my son climb up the ladder and see if there were gutter guards like I ordered.  I thought I was ripped off by Gutter X (contract written through Suttons).   I had to wait until Monday to get attention for this.  And they plan to come out and fix the problem.  I paid $882 for good gutters too so you can understand why I fretted.

Then my son cut my grass while his laundry was being done.  I fixed sausage ravioli.
  
Sunday morning I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans for our monthly memorial Mass and I got up and spoke about the CWV before Mass.  After Mass we had a nice breakfast at Parkway Cafe.  

Some weird looking snake skin was dangling under my car. I could see it at a distance but couldn't get low enough to tell.   The neighbor pulled it off with my grabber and it turned out to be muffler guard.

 Spinal Fusion Survivor:  I cringe at dare devil videos gone wrong.

No comments:

Blog Archive