Monday, September 5, 2016

My Week

Tuesday night we had our last flag lowering ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb for the season.  I decided to wear my first period outfit, the rational dress or also known as bloomer costume.  I thought it might be better since we had a picnic gathering at one of the member's home afterward.
Sandy Temple had twisted my arm to play the bloomer girl in "Mr Lincoln's World" around 2003ish.  The outfit in the OSC wardrobe room did not fit me.  Before this the role of the bloomer girl was played by Charlotte Oglesby and another lady.

The photo below is with Clara Wright who played the Irish lady and myself in the role for the first time.  I was still putting together a bloomer outfit based on photos and what pictures may have looked like.  Availability was a problem on short notice.  At that time, I found the polonaise jacket on ebay and it had an overskirt and cuffs. I had a black skirt on. The only bloomers available were white then.  This was a first picture of me doing this and although it wasn't too bad for the notice.  I probably felt humble with the more veteran role players in Mr Lincoln's World.

Later with author, Dr David Herbert Donald just before the candlelight parade at the opening of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in 2005.  (that was a hot day) I recognized him in the crowd with his son and asked are you ...Dr Herbert Donald?  I was a little "fan awed".  He was so cordial.  RIP dear scholar. 

 I found a lady who was shorter than me: Sharon Minor. Historically, people were shorter back in the day so we are just "historically correct". This was taken on Nov 6, 2010 at the Old State Capitol in celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Election. By this time I had found a short black hoop.  I had bloused some brown velvet pants with crochet lace but I still am not satisfied at this point.
And today with bow and brown hospital scrubs for bloomers and black bow tie (above).  Looks more refined.

Tuesday through Thursday had a TDI visit.  One of the staff members referred to Sophie's tail as a "diva tail".
I mowed the grass and cleaned my oven and did 2 loads of laundry and still have a long list.

Thursday a check arrived for some Barbie dolls I have for sale on craigslist.  It seemed bogus because of the area code and the person to make the pick up I had googled was a felon from Florida.   The check was delivered to my bank rather than my home address which was good on my part.  I took the email and check to the police.  Once the mail was signed for he tried to contact me via text (which I didn't recognize but it was a Louisiana area code).  The check was from a business in Pennsylvania.  The Chatham policeman said there was nothing he could do but I turned it over.   When I got home, I received text from an unknown area code in Louisiana saying urgent.  It was him/her.  I explained it was turned over to the authorities and then blocked the number.

Thursday's weather was better for yard work.  I mowed the yard and weed whacked.  I removed the fence around the vegetable garden.  I cleaned my oven and fixed some summer squash.  In the afternoon, while on a TDI visit, Sophie's tail was described by a staff member as a "Diva's Tail".  I have to agree.

Friday evening I went to visit Ron Otken who is in the hospital and then I went to see Godspell at the Hoogland Center for my birthday.

 Boy, these young people could really belt out the songs.
More photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/donna.lounsberry/media_set?set=a.10209158244089072.1073741961.1109033224&type=3

Sunday I started the little motorcycle up and it started just fine.  I let it run about 10 minutes. I turned it off since it's air cooled and it was too soon for a planned to ride it to church.  Well time came to ride to Mass and it didn't start but made the "tic tic" sound so I had to hop in the car. A few moments on the trickle fixed that and in the evening I took advantage of it.  I was hot, and I started up the bike for a ride around the neighborhood to cool off before I drink my wine. It dried my sweaty forehead off. There was even a horse and buggy in the neighbor hood that I stopped to pet. Conversation was difficult because I don't ride with my hearing aids. Darn, when I got home, there were a few gnats floating in my glass of wine that I left on the porch.  I had to pour another glass.

I'm not sure if this 60 second of happiness will be visible to the public:
http://en.nametests.com/test/result/rose/anm_2138101086/index_new/?t=1473025067

I'm preparing to have some painting done in this house.  This was all motivated by the free space between my old bed and new bed that's on order.

My lovely Birthday eCard from a Texas niece:
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=6305462337358&source=jl999&utm_medium=internal_email&utm_source=pickup&utm_campaign=receivercontent

No comments:

Blog Archive