Monday, September 19, 2016

My Week

This has been the week of a full moon.  A nice one at that.  
Tuesday more painting with touch up Wednesday morning.  Perfect amount of paint without any leftovers.

Thursday I was finally able to go to exercise class and Therapy Dog visit.  
Friday I helped give tours at the Lincoln Tomb and the Illinois State Amvets came through with the National Commander.  I also met an old coworker, John Halvorson, from Edwardsville's Public Works when I worked there part time through college.  He said he still hasn't retired.  I explained that I knew Donna Ely had retired and was invited but I had a conflict.

In the evening I was the guest speaker at church's OWLS (older wiser lovable seniors) pot luck.  I brought Sophie and my DVD and talked about the Therapy Dog program.  I was a little nervous because I didn't know how well received we'd be and I don't want to push my little "lover puppy" on others because others think their dog is the best in the world just like I do.  Well it went over better than I thought it would.  There was a comment in the church bulleting which was obviously printed in advance.  See page 2 subject "Thank You"
https://content.parishesonline.com/bulletins/01/0164/20160918B.pdf

Saturday I went to a meeting of the Soldiers Aid Society but didn't stay for the whole event.  I then went to volunteer to assist with the Military Family Day at the governors mansion in period attire.

After the Family Day, I went the the state AMVETS picnic.  That was related to the visit mentioned above about the national commander of AMVETS being in town.

There was so much going on Saturday that I had to make some decisions.  One that was cut wast "Pets at the White House".  I took Sophie there last year and this picture of her with a little girl was part of the event's promo.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=getekjve6s8
Here I am at the Governor's Executive Mansion volunteering for Military Family Day. I helped at the table where kids made flags with Popsicle sticks.
Here is a group photo of the ladies and First Lady of Illinois (in the green shirt).  There was a separate photo for the guys.

Sunday I rode to church, then to the anniversary party for Suttons who will be doing my sun room in October, then the Ride in Honor which was cut short for color guard for a funeral at 4PM.

Here's our group photo taken at the Spaulding memorial.  Where's Rose?



Two weeks ago I had Curt Woods plumbing repair my kitchen sink. It looks like my bathtub needs the same thing. It's draining slow and when I put the snake down to check for hair, I pulled out a chunk of corroded metal just like the kitchen had. Hopefully on Tuesday.

I've made arrangements for a family photo on Oct 12th at church for our church directory.  Folks told me that Sophie should be included.

No comments:

Blog Archive