Monday, August 29, 2016

My Week

Tuesday was my last performance of Distant Memories for the summer tourist season.  There is one more but not by me.  We had a group photo taken of our Soldiers Aid Society.

I canceled Sophie's Therapy Dog visits due to fleas.  However I got them under control by the end of the week after many baths and products.  
I found one picture from Galesburg Heritage days of me with my pinned up skirt for the Grand March last weekend.  I am 3d in line.


My zumba instructor had been boasting about her daughter in the lead roll of the Muni's "Little Mermaid".  This is Patty Lanser and her daughter Sophie Lanser.
So I had to go see it on Wednesday night.  It was boast-worthy.  Here's an article in the newspaper about the show. 
http://www.sj-r.com/entertainmentlife/20160817/muni-brings-audiences-under-sea-with-production-of-the-little-mermaid

commercial:

Thursday I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.  I brought a friend's 15 year old daughter along.  It was nice not driving alone.  I turned over my trunks of props to a theater group there as I believe it may be my last and time to give it up.  I did keep my own Columbia costume.  They have the script on Power Point with the audience participation calls that I made.
Boy I'm short.  The rest of the photos are here:
https://www.facebook.com/SIUECAB/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1162447780486868
Here's "The Alestle" article in the school paper

http://issuu.com/alestlelive/docs/thealestle_vol69_no8_09.01.2016/3?e=7620452/38428399

Friday I had a group photo of our senior exercise group at Powerworks for one of the members who was out after her surgery.  She said it made her day.


I determined that the second hand bedroom set that I had bought at a yard sale when stationed in Oklahoma needed to be replaced after I tried to clean the foam mattress pad that covered it.  I just figured that I wanted one size of sheets (full) in my linen closet.  I'm sleeping in the guest room on a relatively new mattress I got when my son lived here and using the old box spring. The new box was really noisy. Only noise so far is the headboard when it hits the wall.  I slept better on the guest bed with the older bed's box frame. Granted, it is an ugly box but quieter.   It looks a mess but I'm downsizing and prioritizing.  Night before I was up intermittently.




Sunday I was a Eucharistic Minister.   No biggie there.  I always try to remember one thing at Mass.
The Gospel Reading in Luke reminded me of General Grant checking into the hotel in Washington DC and was told that all the rooms were reserved but the clerk could give him lowly quarters out of desperation.  General Grant explained it was not a problem and accepted graciously at the Willard Hotel.  The conditions that he had been used to were crude tents rather than a room with a bath. When he signed the guest register as U. S. Grant, the clerk said, that's who the rooms were reserved for He asked for a room. The clerk said General an important gentleman was coming and reserved all the rooms. Just want to take a bath and get something to eat. The clerk says we have small room top floor and needs to sign guest book. He signs it: US Grant and son. The clerk gets all excited and says Sir you are the one all rooms are reserved for.  Grant said I just need one.
 http://ccc.usccb.org/cccradio/NABPodcasts/16_08_28.mp3
The point of the epistle was "Humbel Pie" derived from the word "umbles" or  the worst part of the meats.


I offered my old bed, frame and headboard on social media.  Many just want the headboard.  I'd prefer all of it together to be gone.  That will show who is really needy.
One was interested and later said just headboard and when I explained someone wanted the whole thing she posted it wasn't fair.
I will miss the headboard that held my glasses, hearing aids, oh, and Beretta. 

Sophie went to the groomers while I exercised at Powerworks.  I got a kitchen faucet after church since mine has lost it's swivel.  Sean tried to install it for me but hit some road blocks.  Then the plumber came and fixed my sink.  My old faucet refused to swivel between sinks. The pipes had corroded out after all these years so I needed that replaced too.
new!
 My new faucet!

It sure seems like I've spent a lot of money lately.  Next is the car part ordered for the seat that won't go down.  
Well the days are getting shorter and I may have to change the timer on my lamp in the living room. 

No comments:

Blog Archive