Monday, April 6, 2015

My Week

Tuesday I was recovering from my illness slowly but surely.  I missed three days of exercise.  I got another bag of fertilizer for my front yard after the Legion Riders meeting. I took Sophie with me. Bozo (a great dane) was there too.

Wednesday I attended the unaccompanied burial at Camp Butler.  I acquired a the list of the 15 veterans that received military funeral honors. 15 veterans who received Unaccompanied Burial Funeral Honors:
1. Gary Allen ~ United States Navy
2. Robert Ragan ~ United States Air Force
3. Gerald Danni ~ United States Army
4. Richard Beck ~ United States Navy
5. Ernest Locker ~ United States Navy
6. David Beagle ~ United States Army
7. Morris Dial ~ United States Army
8. Carroll Woods ~ United States Air Force
9. Cleotis Helm ~ United States Army Air Forces
10. Harold Langferd ~ United States Army
11. Ryan Lynn ~ United States Army
12. Clement Ballard ~ United States Navy
13. Richard Spellerberg ~ United States Army Air Forces
14. Sean Booton ~ United States Army
15. Lester Patterson ~ United States Navy
Never Forget!


My friend, Joan, was on TV Thursday morning. Salute!  Here is a link to the video that aired. http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_21882.shtml

Thursday I put down some spring fertilizer before it rained.  I got it at Lowes.  I also picked up an Easter Lily and new toilet seats.
I went to the funeral for a fellow member of our American Legion post 759, Steve Markus.  Others were there too.
I was still getting over my cold so my face looks pale.

Friday afternoon I gave tours.  I asked to keep small groups because of my voice and cough.  Still, the place was busy for being Good Friday.  I was pretty hungry when I got home.  I made some seafood salad. It was not that great.  I had the craving for a hot cross bun so I went to County Market and they had three packages of six.  I picked one up.  So good too.  Then I watched "Killing Jesus"  Some things were different.  For example, John Baptist insisted that he baptize Jesus even though he admitted Jesus should baptize him rather than Jesus asking John.  John told Jesus that he was the chosen one through prophecy and Jesus had a surprised look.  And when they tried to stone the adulterous woman, Jesus hopped in the stoning pit with her.  Jesus asked the same question that the sinless should throw the first stone but after that one man said Jesus's line.  The calling of Peter caching fish was different too.  What I did like is the display of extreme pressure in society to be still and go with the Romans and Sanhedrin.  Following Jesus was a difficult decision under such pressure.

Nice full moon for Good Friday and Easter.

Spring is here. It's Holy Saturday and 29 degrees at 7AM. I walked Sophie with my winter coat. I saw a cracked, white bird egg on the sidewalk.  last nite I got a desperate plea to cover lunch hours at the Old State Capitol 11-2. got to get a Birthday card out to my sister too

I had cleaned behind my dryer yesterday and then in the eve, I noticed moister on the floor after drying my clothes. Sure enf, the vent was unattached. I had to duct tape it. I was waiting to get the whole vent system changed the same time I need a new water heater.

Sunday morning I read the first reading (Colossians 3:1-4).  I'm glad it was short and that I didn't cough.  Father read the Gospel (John 20:1-9).  His homily started that John's Gospel lacked drama.  John would never make it in Hollywood.  Church was crowed and I sat on the opposite side that I usually do, close to the choir. 

I tried to make a puff pastry. Someone had brought some to church a few weeks ago and reminded me of when mom made it.  I had her old Settlement Cookbook but the instructions were old.  I looked for puff pastry online.  Seems simple but mine was not the same.  It could be the gluten free flour that used.  I also made deviled eggs. I had not made those in a long time.  Sean did not try the Super Food salad nor the last remaining hot cross bun.  The Starburst jelly beans were a hit but the popcorn bunny from Dells Popcorn shop didn't loose an ear.  I guess I'll be eating that alone.

I gather that Sean doesn't like Sophie.  Sophie wants in his lap and he pushes her away.  I told him "I gather that you don't like Sophie" .  He said "She comes on pretty strong".  Ha!  Funny, Moe hops all over with a greater power.
Sean helped install new toilet seats in my two bathrooms.  It's what I wanted for Christmas.
Easter Sunday showed the first signs of my asparagus spears coming up.  Last year I hacked up thorns of raspberries that hurt more than fed.  Now I must go underground to get the rest.  It's partial shade there so I was considering blueberries.  It won't be long and I'll be fighting ants.

No comments:

Blog Archive