Monday, February 22, 2021

My Week

 The morning after the snow was I started up my electric snow blower.  I don't even think I used it last year.   I just don't like aiming to the west because the wind blows some of the light snow in my face.



After a break, I made a doggie labyrinth.

Wednesday I went to Ash Wednesday Mass.  This year we were not touched on the forehead with ashes but picked up an ancient tradition of the monks by having ashes sprinkled on the crown of the head (tonsoure).  In the evening I assisted Lynn's obedience class at the club.  There were only four students due to the weather.  

School snow days are over with Zoom learning.  Kids don't have to go physically to classes.  Some school bus drivers are out of work.

Thursday I took Amber to our mid-day practice.  She did great.  I think that giving her a prep-talk and using terms like "hot dog" are really motivating.  

 Friday I mentioned my hearing loss to our new exercise instructor, Misty.   I adjusted for noise on my cell phone app.  She asked if I had recently lost hearing or from birth because she works with the deaf.  She wanted to know if I knew sign language.  Of course I didn't but I watch the interpreters every chance I get.  I have nobody to practice with for reinforcement of sign language. It's  harder to learn as we age.  After exercise class, a group of us went to the Chatham Cafe for breakfast.  It's lent so I had egg on an English muffin.  One lady was showing off the fancy hankies she got.  The topic led to a minor discussion over hankies or kleenex.  This hit a nerve because I had just taken panties out of the dryer the day before with washed and static tissue sticking to them.  I tried to peal the pieces off  and then they would be clinging to my hand as I shook and shook my hand over the toilet.  If I was lucky, the tissue would release only to jump back onto the panties in my other hand.  Yes, I prefer hankies to kleenex.

Saturday I went to yoga class.  I needed that but Deborah keep doing a little scream more like you'd hear in the weight room.  I got home in time to take care of the dogs in time for a Celebration of Life for Nancy Kapp via Zoom.  It went very well.  My brother showed us a stuffed Elmo that Nancy got at a garage sale for 50 cents.  I quickly pulled off the shelf my own Tickle Me Elmo.  It needed new batteries so afterward I took it to Mr Battery.  There was some corrosion but the clerk got him working  We had a laugh in the store.


 


Sunday morning there was a slight warm-up so after Mass, I got my snow tube out and took the girls out to Lake Sancrist.  I had seen pictures of eagles out there.   Although I didn't see many in the trees like the photos on Facebook, I did see one flying overhead.  I did bring my new video camera but by the time I got it out, it was too late.  The pupper girls had a nice walk but I didn't want to let Amber off leash.  I was afraid she might fall in the water.  I didn't want to pull her out with all the slippery mud and snow.  Then I saw some families sledding down the back side of the dam.  I left the girls in the car and had 2 fun rides down that slope.  I would have gone more but that up hill climb was enough. 

This week, Mark came back to work on the back room some more.  I think while he is at it, the new paint makes the ceiling look really bad and that will need to be done as well.  I picked up the paint at Lowes.  In the past, piecing jobs together create mismatches so I better get that done.  Besides, it would be better before the trim goes back on.   Sean told me he could change the tarnished gold faucet in the half bath so I'll pick one out for him to install next week.  I finally was able to put Christmas in the attic since it wasn't so cold.  I decided to trash my big plastic Nativity that nobody sees on a cul-de-sac. Besides, my inflatable dog takes up less space.



No comments:

Blog Archive