Monday, February 15, 2021

My Week

Happy Valentines Day.  

Happy President's Day.

Happy Mardi Gras. 

 Tuesday my handyman, Mark, started muddying down the rough textured walls in the back room.  He told me it would take 2 layers, primer and paint.

My dogs want to go for a usual walk in the cold but I see them limping with a cold foot.  So Friday I picked up some rubber/reusable/disposable boots.  Sophie didn't like them at all and wouldn't get off the front porch.  Amber won't even let me try to put them on but will just continue limping her hind legs in the cold.

 Facebook scolded me for a post I made 10 months earlier.  Must be truth to it.  Here's a screen shot.


 So I get this friend request. We had one friend in common. I sent Hall a private message to ask why he wanted to friend me and it turned social.  Oh he liked my profile.  Duh, I have a photo of Old Rose from the Titanic.  So I downloaded his photo. Then I did a photo search on Bing and learned he's a fake. 


I reported the profile and was told it didn't go against community standards. Duh! https://www.facebook.com/SHUisteamwork/posts/1101805190190417

 I shared this with Spam Hunters group on Facebook and was promised it would be taken care of but it's a holiday weekend.

Friday evening I fell at the dog club. My winter boots on rubber floor during heeling did a grip and trip. Not many there to see my moment of “grace “.
Saturday evening I was with a team on a Zoom trivia fundraiser for the Animal Protective League.  We came in forth place.  Not too bad. 

Sunday morning the temperature was -3.   I was a Eucharistic Minister.   When I got home, Sophie insisted on a walk instead of the back yard.  By then it was 1.  A very short walk for this little miss that usually doesn't do her business before going some good distance to wiggle it out.  Meanwhile, Amber is hopping and limping because her feet are cold.  I had gotten some rubber footies on Friday but that won't work.  They were out of the boot style.   So I wanted to order some from Chewy since I had some chicken tendons in my cart that didn't amount enough to get the free shipping.  Duh! by then, the tendons were out of stock...again.
Sean helped me install shelves.
I was able to put the rods up and hang the clothes that were on the bed for over 2 weeks.  It gave me an opportunity to thin that wardrobe also.  
There is a cold draft coming from the hood over the range so I blocked that with cardboard and plastic.  When I removed it to cook, wow, I could feel the draft again.
Some people on "Nextdoor" don't recognize rabbit tracks in the snow.  Funny city slickers think those are scary coyotes or something that will come to eat them up and their little dogs.
I used up the little bit of wood that I saved for the fireplace.  Now I'm using store bought fireplace logs.
One of my 2 geraniums that were brought indoors is getting a bud on it.  The other I'm hopeful that summer will wake it up.
I have a snow tube for sledding but it would have to be used on snow and a bit warmer then zero.  Got snow but it is too cold.

No comments:

Blog Archive