Monday, July 30, 2018

My Week

What a week! I had my air conditioner off most of the time. How's that for July?

While giving tours on Tuesday, I got a call about my sister Kathy that she would be entering into hospice care. This is weird because I learned via a phone call at the same location a few months ago that she was diagnosed with stage four cancer.  I hate knowing she's suffering.  I found a chair for tomb that fits decor and accommodates a hoop.  It doesn't wobble and I got it at the Goodwill for $9.

I've been needing extra patience for dog training. We are making head way though.  I found out that Amber likes the hose.

Thursday evening I went to the Civil war round-table series. This is the eighth program in a special 12-part series: “Illinois and The Civil War.” Next to the Lincoln-Grant partnership, the Grant-Sherman team was the North’s “A Team” in leading the country to victory. Sherman from Ohio and Grant from Ohio and Illinois, despite their personality differences, formed a powerful bond that creatively found ways to win the war.
  
Friday I was at the Old State Capitol in the afternoon for History Comes Alive.  Afterward I went to the VFW and had fish while I waited to conduct the quarterly audit as a post trustee.  I was pretty tired after that and wanted to let Amber out of the kennel.

Saturday I spent most of the day at the American Legion helping with our Ron Otken Memorial Hog Roast fundraiser for the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.  I brought my flags to attract our customers.  Dinner was served with a free will offering.  We raised close to $4,000 for Honor Flight.



The hog roast got me to reflect on the time that I was a guardian.  I told Joan about getting the Christmas Card returned in the mail that I sent to Len.  I suspected I'd find him on this website. I added photos.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/187877009/leonard-joseph-schwarz

Sunday I did the reading at Mass.

Sunday I called my sister and she's not doing too well.  I don't have much to say in her condition so all I could think of was the memory of my first pedicure when Patty and I visited.   I told her that I still had some of the sparkly polish on my toe nails. 

We had a lot of rain Sunday.  We needed it.
All this rain has put a set back in the consistency of Amber's potty training.  Amber seems to obey better in the training environment than when I'm home training her one-on-one.  I did get out the pinch collar for her pulling.

I've been doing some closet cleaning and downsized 2 of my Civil War dresses that I no longer need.  I sold them through facebook online garage sales.  Let's working on clearing some more. 
I did take this photo at the Lincoln Tomb on Tuesday evening.  Its normally my camp dress but I added the bonnet to dress things up a bit.
Let's see what the first week of August brings. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Blog Archive