Monday, July 23, 2018

My Week


Wednesday was back to back exercise classes with senior strength and zumba.  Here's a photo of Karen and me during our "masters program".  My sister said I'm using the wrong form so next week we'll work on that.
I wore my Sunday best for the Lincoln Funeral Hearse photo shoot for an Illinois Bicentennial Photo taken at the original site of 4th and Adams.


Here you can see the photographer lining us up.


Here's the objective however there were non-reenactors in the photo along with federal military which are not in the photo.

Thursday I took Amber and Sophie to the dog park run.  They got to socialize and play.  In the afternoon I took Sophie to Reflections.  I usually make small talk and explain that Sophie has super powers that you get when you pet her and the power goes up the arm and into your heart.  One lady said "I was afraid at first".  In the evening I went to our Civil War bicentenial series lecture on road side historical markers.

Friday afternoon I managed our Soldiers Aid Society display at the Old State Capitol.

Saturday I had breakfast at Applebees as part of the Christian Motorcycle Association's fundraiser.  Since it was close to Big Lots, I picked up a few things.  Then I went to Edwards Place to help the students making Wide Awake banners.  There were 2 previous sessions for preparation for an Aug 4th Wide Awake parade but they were held the same time as our History Comes Alive on Friday which cut our staff split between the two.
I watched  a movie ~ The Revenant ~ on FX

Sunday I read the first reading.
 http://ccc.usccb.org/cccradio/NABPodcasts/18_07_22.mp3
I was then changed into my color guard uniform for the Peace Keeper's Ride. 





News media link here:
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/peacekeepers-honor-officers-and-ufc-hall-of-famer-matt-hughes

Monday I took Sophie on a visit.  While Sophie was on the lap, a lady asked me how I trained her to do that.  Funny, belly rubs and laps come natural.  It's the other requirements that were difficult for TDI certification.
https://tdi-dog.org/HowToJoin.aspx?Page=Information+Pack
 In the afternoon I went to see Lisa's private training sessions at her home. They were all agility related.  One thing I'm learning is that there's more to training than sit, down, and come.
In the evening I took Amber to her training class.  It was her second but owners came without dogs for the first session.  I go into the class with a wild puppy that's overly fascinated with all the scents.   Amber seems more interested in savaging for treats on the floor left by the previous class than what I brought in my pouch.  I don't know how I'll have the patience for the "loose leash" exercise.  She seems to enjoy the the "leave it" game with a treat in an open/closed hand and rewarded when she backs off. 

I finished my Service and Patriotic report for the Women's Overseas Service League and submitted my report.  I am the national chairman for that but disappointed that our unit was the only one that turned in a report.   Now to finish a nomination for Illinois 200 veteran nomination and a presentation on the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight for Daughters of the American Revolution in January.



No comments:

Blog Archive