Tuesday, August 29, 2017

My week

I open this week with prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Harvey.  This tragedy will be spoken of for years to come.

Pearl has been sleeping with me the last couple nights and it seems to be helping with her shyness. She's on the recliner with me and she saw the neighbor across putting trash out and I heard her vocals for the first time with a little growl.  She also barked for the first time as the next door neighbor left for work.

Tuesday evening I performed my second to last of the season at the Lincoln Tomb.  I wore my Girabaldi Blouse for the first time. 
The ladies Garibaldi blouse was named after the Italian patriot Giuseppe Garibaldi and was first popularized in 1860. Giuseppe Garibaldi (1807 - 1882) was an Italian folk hero in favor of Italian independence from Austrian domination.  During the Expedition of the Thousand campaign in 1860, his volunteer followers were known as "Redshirts"  for their bright red shirts with full sleeves and drop shoulder style.   It is these shirts and the volunteers who wore them that inspired the fashion. This blouse style was very popular during the Civil War.  I am portraying a German woman but his popularity was through out Europe.
It's supposed to resemble this:


 I was fortunate to find this hat in a thrift store for a couple bucks but had to reshape it to make it period correct by using garter clips to make it curve down in the front and back.  It also had netting from like the '50s to remove.

I also took some other pictures.  Peggy got a new dress.
 Our Lincoln Monument Association table.
 Our moderator for the event seldom gets mentioned but should.
 Ya got to love the newest member.
Wednesday I stayed home almost all day.  A little bit of the slumps so I worked it off with a little housekeeping.

Somehow, Pearl greeted me in the bathroom the other morning without that harness and drag leash just wagging her tail. I found the leash tucked under the rocking chair and she must have wiggled free. I need that tail leash to lead me to her when she hides in a corner. We may be weaning off of that 24 hour leash if she can come to me and be found. It's good to see a tail wag rather than between her legs. Next ... will she be happy to see strangers or a one-person dog? Well I had a chance to test it at Reflections.

Pearl wore her vest that says "In Training".  
http://www.nationaldogday.com/
I think Sophie is teaching her to be a pet.  However, Sophie barks a lot more lately.  Now so is Pearl when I come home.

I had a little trouble with the mouse pad on my laptop so I took it in to BLH Computers along with the iMac that belonged to my husband.  They fixed the mouse pad and recycled the iMac which is no longer up-gradable.   I saw 6 choppers go over my house.  Later I learned. Springfield Firefighters Local 37 member and Chief Warrant Officer 3 Trey McCormick flew over Springfield. He along with others shown are headed south before they deploy to Afghanistan. This will be his 3rd tour as a CH-47 Chinook helicopter pilot.

Saturday I participated in the Edwards Place Victorian Fashion Show.  I wore my wrapper early in the program and changed into my bustle dress.  This was taken after I walked the runway but there were still a few others behind me.




Here are a few pictures that I took before we were queued up.




Afterward, I changed and took my dogs to Stuart Park's dog run area.

Sunday was typical time with my son and his dog, Moe.  Then Moe changed the routine by rolling in some wild animal crap in the back yard by my wood pile.  He was not going home like that.  So he had a bath. 

Monday I took Sophie on 2 therapy dog visits which were very good visits.  In the evening I went to our dance practice.  Now that school has started, the streets are different when walking the dogs.   Things should be winding down a little as we approach the fall events.  

Blessings to all!
 

No comments:

Blog Archive