Sunday, August 6, 2017

My Week

Monday I had deep tissue massage on my legs and ham string that seemed to have helped.  For a little gal, she really got into it and it even hurt a bit  but I felt a little better the next day.
Sophie had a trip to a new groomer.  She went right to Regency Care afterward and seemed rather listless all day.  Wouldn't walk or eat.  I gave her half an aspirin in the evening with water from a dropper and she seemed a bit better in the morning.


I like the way she trimmed her behind for better hygiene.
Tuesday's photo at the Lincoln Tomb

Wednesday I skipped exercise class.  I just felt tired.  I did go to the Goodwill and picked up a nice display case for our Soldiers Aid Society for things we don't want people to touch.  In the afternoon I went to St John's Hospital with Sophie.  Taylor, the activity director on the geriatrics floor, was recently featured on facebook.

On the way out of the parking garage, I notices a woman leaving with 2 collies.  I recognized her as Rose Hutches who is the local examiner for Therapy Dog International qualifications so I stopped to say hi.  She had just visited with pediatrics.  Mini horses are some of our favorite visitors! These therapy horses, Bailey and Jasper, visit our patients about once a month and they are truly enjoyed by everyone. Thank you to Andra Ebert with Heartland Mini Hoofs- a 501c3 mini equine visiting program. for bringing them out to St. John’s.



In the evening I went to our American Legion Riders meeting to discuss our upcoming Hog Roast for Honor Flight.  Prior to the meeting, I asked Ron to bring me some tomatoes from his garden since I couldn't plant one this year.   It was nice to have fresh tomatoes.  Afterwards I stopped by Dianne's house to give her 6 bags of stuffed animals from the neighbor who sold her house.  Dianne is a state trooper and she'll be using them for kids in trauma.  She was so happy to receive them.  I told her if any are not any good to give them back and the dog will love it.

I watched a movie on Youtube called "Journey to Shiloh"
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR9TmGGMZRU

Friday I only spent a few hours at the Old State Capitol with our Soldiers Aid Society and then went to Peoria for a gate dedication Springdale Cemetery.
 Some of our Metamora dancers were present for the ceremony.
There's a video on the news but you only catch the back of my bonnet.
http://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/springdale-cemetery-dedicates-it-new-and-improved-entrance/783513381
A young Mr Lincoln presenter. 


Saturday I picked up my new, (old because she's 8) rescue pekingese that they called Cammie.  She doesn't know that name so I want to pick a new name that doesn't rhyme with Sophie for confusion. She's about 8 years old and 7 lbs compared to Sophie at 4 1/2 years old and 11 lbs.  She pood and peed in my car but then didn't have much opportunity before we left.  I'm told that in the 2 weeks at PAWS, she only had a cage accident once.  I'm also told she never barked.  She is very shy and doesn't walk on a leash so that means she'll be leashed night and day till she gets used to it.  Besides, if she's hiding in a corner, I'll be able to find her by the leash.  As soon as I got her home, she finished off the food bowl.

I dressed up in a color that would contrast her light color so I chose blue and wore my tiara.  I knew they take adoption photos.
They captioned this on Facebook "Cammy will be treated like a princess".  I stopped by the VFW to show her off.

I didn't want to traumatize her too much but I did give her a bath because she smelled like kennel.
In the evening I helped at the American Legion Hog Roast benefit for honor flight as part of the closing shift.  When I got home, I decided to try the new dog out in the stroller I used for Sophie when I had bending problems after surgery.  It went so-so.  We did make it around the block with Sophie on a leash next to the stroller.
I'm leaning toward renaming her as "Pearl" since she is coming out of her shell and looks like a pearl.

These cards are left in our pews at church for the collection basket.

No comments:

Blog Archive