Monday, August 21, 2017

My week

Ahh cicada season is upon us.  The name is directly from the Latin cicada, meaning "tree cricket".

Talk about funnies, this was at the other beer hut while I was working at the state fair.  Notice the spelling "Heer".  When I told the tent manager, she said it applied anyway because veterans were working the sales and it drew attention.  Heer in German applies because it means army.
http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Heer

Tuesday I got some compliments about my presentation at the Lincoln Tomb
I know I won't make my sister's farewell party but this was clipped from facebook:
Wednesday, I got up at 5AM and noticed that Pearl had an accident. I put her in the back yard but more or less pushed her through the doggie door flap to the back yard to show her how to use it. I went back to sleep and got up again at 6AM and she was inside so she must have figured it out.  She has come inside but so far I haven't seen an exit.  Later I had exercise, some shopping, lunch with Michael and my routine annual physical.

Thursday I went to yoga and I always were slip on shoes but they were not the same pair.  I don't think anybody noticed since it's a bare foot activity.  Later was dog visiting day

Thursday evening the new neighbors across the street were starting to move in.  It was dark and he hit his own flag pole and mail box with the Uhaul truck when trying to back in.  So I went to survey the damage in the morning.  He fixed it on Monday.  Probably fix the most embarrassing thing while moving in. 

Friday morning I did my fasting blood draw. I made a lousy pancake.  I drank my jar of lemon wine from County Market. 
It was so-so.  Tasted more like a white wine than lemon.

Saturday I went to Galesburg Heritage days. Someone shared the profound statement this past weekend that we die twice: the first time is our last breath and the second death is the last time our name is mentioned/remembered.  I found this video from Galesburg:


Sunday I had didn't have a chance to sleep in because I went to Mass with our Catholic War Veterans at 8:30 followed by a breakfast together at DJ's Cafe.

Catholic War Veterans Bishop Joseph McNicholas
Post # 1916 will be in the back of church today, after
8:30am Mass. They would be glad to answer questions
regarding membership in their organization or their
Memorial Mass Program. Any Catholic Veteran in
good standing is eligible to join, regardless of when or
where they served.
http://bsps.org/uploads/files/bulletins/August_20.pdf

Sean and I watched Olympus Has Fallen on TNT. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Has_Fallen
Pearl got her Training vest.  Maybe this will help her come out of her shell.
Now she seems to have a bulge between her toes.  She started biting and licking Sunday night but Monday morning I could see it more clearly.  I got her scheduled for her first monthly appointment in September but called about this and got a squeeze in appointment for Wednesday.  Our regular veterinarian is out of town making bookings with the other very difficult.
Pearl's adoption packet came with the following poem that motivates our relationship:
Baggage (The Meaning of Rescue)
By Evelyn Colbath(c)1995 Baggage All rights reserved 

 Now that I'm home, bathed, settled and fed,
All nicely tucked in my warm new bed,I'd like to open my baggage,Lest I forget,There is so much to carrySo much to regret.
Hmmm...Yes, there it is, right on the top,
Let's unpack Loneliness, Heartache and Loss,And there by my perch hides Fear and Shame.As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave,I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.
I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,But I wasn't good enough - for they didn't want me. Will you add to my baggage?Will you help me unpack?Or will you just look at my things,And take me right back?Do you have the time to help me unpack?To put away my baggage, to never repack?I pray that you do - I'm so tired you see,But I do come with baggage,Will you still want me? By Evelyn Colbath(c)1995 Baggage All rights reserved

No comments:

Blog Archive