Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Week

Thursday was the Feast of the Solemnity of Mary so I went to Mass over my lunch break at the Cathedral downtown with Michael.  My son's house is starting to look like a home now.  Sure there's stuff unpacked but the bed is made and it's getting there.  I came to help put the slip cover on the tight fitted couch after washing it.  Then we went out to dinner at Casa Real.  Since I was on the north side, I made it to the ABATE meeting at 7pm.  Someone there asked to borrow my little motorcycle to take the rider test.  I told them that Wheezer was on the trickle charge to be check on this evening.  Sure enough, I got him started.
 Not on the first try mind you but needed a good choke too.

Saturday I went to the funeral for our deacon and his son that was killed in a car crash.  I finally had a ride on my little motorcycle have attaching a battery tender and it was a good thing because there were many cars in the parking lot of the church was crowded.  I had to wait in line to sign the book and then to wait in line to pass by the caskets.  I guess I just couldn't believe this happened without seeing them.  The Mass began with about 50 priests and deacons in procession.  The bishop presided and made a very meaningful sermon.  I couldn't keep from tearing up.  

Sean helped a departing coworker move and gained a table out of the deal.  It really fits the little nook of a dining area in his new house.  Of course, he put a table cover over it since he's still moving things around.  Looks like he'll need that home warranty for electrical work.  He has a little tester and nothing is grounded.

Sunday morning, after walking the dogs, I took the little motorcycle to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  We move around to different churches once a month for a memorial Mass.  Ya know, we went to this church last year but this year I really noticed the beautiful grotto like the one I'd seen on my vacation to France last year.  Afterward we had breakfast.  Joan didn't go because she's worn out from the beer booth fund raising at the state fair.  
Thanks to the manager of D & J Cafe for surprising us by covering the bill for the 5 of us in our Catholic War Veterans attire after Sunday Mass. Salute! 

I'm expecting a vintage croquet set for reenacting.

 I ordered a new front door from Lowes that has the sealed in blinds and a storm door that has a drop screen.   The screen door will be in cranberry color but I need to find a painter to do the door between delivery and installation to match the storm door.  He explained that it costs over $300 to have it done by Lowes because it has to be shipped back and forth and most either do it themselves or have a painter do it before installing.  My son picked up a mower and weed trimmer for his house while there.  I picked up some slug killer too for those nasty slimy things.  The salt just makes them slime even more.

I washed my car and then my siding of my house as far as my hose would reach.  I found 2 areas that had mud nests for wasps.  Eww.  With WD-40, you can spray the corners where the wasps like to build nests to stop them.

Monday I saw a driver wearing a mask and reported it to Springfaild ~ a site that clips oddities.
taken from the stop at MacArthur and Wabash about 5:19 PM on my way home from work. 
I guess he wanted to remain anonymous.
 


Then I went to the VFW meeting and took notes and shucks, the draft didn't save.

No comments:

Blog Archive