Monday, December 31, 2012

My Week

The boys and I went to a very lovely Christmas Eve Mass that began at 10PM.  However, there is music before hand and if you don't get a seat by 9:30, you might have a problem. The green decor, lights and choir were so so nice.  That's what Christmas is all about. 
Sang:
Silent Night
Psalm 98: All The Ends Of The Earth (Haas/Haugen)
From the Cradle to the Cross
Wizards of Winter (famous music that accompanies the light show)
A rare event...I'm baking: Molasses cookies with mincemeat and a little (alot) leftover cream sherry.  Tastes good but not much to look at.    I got a Soda Stream got a starter kit and diet coke syrup, Pyrex set, calendar, book about Civil War Ladies, candles and scented toiletries.  My sons got a puzzle cube with money in it.  Sean solved his puzzle first.   The soda maker has been giving me a heck of a splash until I learned how to screw the bottle into the spritzer device.
Alan liked the iPod Nano that I gave him.  Sean got an Astro A40 MLG Gaming Headset ; Mixamp that he wanted.
I bought myself a few gifts too:  Civil War DVD set and an ice mat for that slippery sidewalk trip to the car.   It was fun to watch the neighbors try out a remote control helicopter on their front lawn.

We watched the National Lampoon Christmas Vacation on TV.  My poor little Bentley hacked all day.  Both Marley and Bentley had a ham bone from the dinner.  Tails wagged.

Thursday I went to the dentist and got a crown and a filling.  It wasn't too bad. I got 2 letters from our lady soldiers thanking me for the box that I had sent.  Whoo Hoo!  It's always nice to know that the boxes get to the intended one because I always check on the customs form to abandon if undeliverable.

Friday evening I screamed when a stool fell on my big toe.  I'm sure it's been fractured.  I put ice on it and wrapped it up.  It is swollen.  My son was on his phone and heard me scream but didn't come to check me out.  The sad part is that I knew I had to dance after months of practice. 
Saturday I went to our dress rehearsal for the First Night Ball.  I got there early and provided some visitors with a tour while wearing my ball gown.

Sunday I went to church but  I developed a stuffy head throughout the day.  I fixed a green bean casserole and it worked this time.  Boys loved it.  I slept about 11 hours with this head cold.

Monday I have to work and then the First Night Dance is at 7PM.  Normally the site is not open on Mondays so the doors will open at 5PM.  I told Justin I would help out with Freedom's First Day at the Old State Capitol.

Then I'll stop by Night Watch briefly since I will be in bed at midnight.
WATCH NIGHT/FREEDOM'S FIRST DAY
Watch Night, December 31, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
Freedom's First Day, January 1, 2013 1:00 pm
Watch Night- Westminster Presbyterian Church, Springfield, Illinois
Freedom's First Day- Old State Capitol, Springfield, Illinois
http://www.abrahamlincolnassociation.org/events.aspx


No comments:

Blog Archive