Monday, March 28, 2022

My Week

Nice to see that the chives in my planter turn green again.  The wind has removed the hulls off the leaves. Just like that, the grass has greened up.

 I was able to attend a bible study that meets on Monday nights.  I made the first with the warning I'd miss a lot of the session due to other meetings. 

Tuesday morning I got a neighborhood notice video that some teens were placing plastic forks in the lawn via the "ring" app.  Later, Amber was doing tricks at the nursing home. There was a special guest, an 11 month girl. Amber taught her to ring the bell and gave her kisses. Then she changed the crawl to a walk and Amber wanted to play puppy with her.  That can get a little rough. It was time to go home.

Wednesday morning I skipped exercise class because I had a yard man came to get the concrete clothesline block out of the new section of my garden.  He’s a former marine too.  I had a hunch based on his tats.  He knew my former nextdoor neighbor.  He used a sledge hammer to break the concrete and dug it out.

Friday I took the dogs  to the fairgrounds since Amber is entered in NADAC agility. I only entered on Friday because Saturday and Sunday we'll be running fast cat at Purina Farms in Eureka, MO. Those events are hard to find and fast cat made it to my calendar first.  No need to waste Friday portion of a 3-day event.

Q's are qualified and N is not.

  

Amber qualified in 6 out of 8 runs at the NADAC trial on 25th 2022 at the state fairgrounds. She earned her NADAC REGULAR NOVICE title.

Saturday morning I left Sophie at 9:30  with a friend  from church that used to have a dog.   Meanwhile Amber and  I went to Purina Farms for AKC  Fast Coursing Ability Tests (Fast CAT).  Purina Farms was pretty busy on Saturday.  Fast cat is so easy it's a shame to call it a sport. Dogs just run and are so happy to do it. The score keeper at the end table got a kick out of my cheer method to call Amber. I deserve and academy award. One German Shepard had to back out of the second run because of a bloody nose while waiting his turn. I calculated that we now have 306 points toward our 500 point goal for the next title. We don't really compete in this sport except to our own time. Therefore dog owners just loves it. 

 

Purina Farms is the Disney World that you take your grand-dogs to enjoy. I stayed at the same, pet friendly hotel, Super 8.   The water in the hotel gave me the impression that it's hard so I didn't use soap when I washed my hair.  



Photos by the professional photographer here: Amber is in gallery 152, 184, 304, 340.  I did like the pictures taken in Bloomington better.

I decided to take a side road back and came across a cute little memorial park in the niche of a cliff.
 



There's a little waterfall there

I usually go to Most Sacred Heart Church in Eureka, MO while staying the night.  The priest gives a children's homily at the end of Mass.  Father Joe is a ventriloquist.  This was the sermon that I attended.
 
 When I got home, Amber looked in the other rooms.  She was looking for Sophie who wasn't picked up from Diane's house yet.  I didn't know Amber cared.
Sean and I watched "The Rebellion" on Netflix. 

No comments:

Blog Archive