Monday, March 14, 2022

My Week

Frank's sister, Ina Connolly Blatt, passed away.  There will be a memorial in Canton, OH on April 9.  May she rest in peace.  Her husband passed away just about a year  earlier.

I often wonder why there is more promotion for a single day event like St Patrick's Day than the season of Carnival/Mardi Gras which is a longer season between Three Kings Day and Lent. 

Monday, Amber got cleaned up since she doesn't need that stray dog look for the play anymore. She's been adopted like Annie. She played a boy dog and has a "Tom Boy" look.

Tuesday evening's obedience practiced was canceled so I had chicken at the VFW.  While  there, Liz texted  to meet at the library at 6:30 for a republican women's meeting.

Wednesday morning I went to a visitation for Sandy Temple who passed away.  She worked at the Old State Capitol and  mentored the volunteers.  Then I dropped off documents for an AARP tax prepareer.  Those two were depressing but after that I got to do some dog practice in Mechanicsburg and in the evening I went to a presentation

Thursday morning I learned via Facebook that my sister-in-law, Ina, had passed away the evening before.  She was the first of my husband's siblings that I was introduced to.

I went to Mass at 8:30, library to print some documents which is co-located with church.  Then I went to the club to practice rally and obedience.  The group had lunch at the Sangamo Brewing Co afterward.  I tried  their blackened  prime  rib  ceasar salad.   I stopped at the grocery store for some much needed hot dog reward  treats for Amber.  At 4PM I went to a  visitation  of Matthew Mau, a member  of our Chatham American  Legion Sons and our village trustee.  I was in line for an hour and a half so I kept it brief.  Matt was so well loved in this community.  The line was so long.  I filled my tank that was half full for the trip to Peoria on Friday.  It was $4.55/gal.  It started to snow so I was worried about the drive.  The weather was so cold that the St Patrick's Day Parade was postponed from March 12 to March 19.

Friday I got up early to to an AKC beginner agility trial call Agility Course Testing (ACT).  There is only a qualification title and no first, second or  third place. We had 8 runs two for each title.  Passed 7 runs.  Since this was an intro to AKC levels, there were many beginner dogs there and Amber has other venues that she's titled in so we were well beyond this level.


3 titles with 7 qualified scores. If she didn’t drop a bar, then we would have 4 titles. Nothing to snicker about.  Here's a link to the dropped bar:  https://youtu.be/h8vTEYVVUu4
ACT 2 Jumpers Round 2:  Notice the dropped bar and I had a bad position near the end that  threw me off.


 This was the final run that was unqualified:






 These are the successful score sheets so click to enlarge and look for Amber on them.  You'll see she had good time and scores relative to all the other first-timers.  I believe most of the time we were the only one to jump 8" height.  My fear is that if this was a performed in front of an ACK Judge vs an ACK evaluator that we would be jumping at 12".  That's a lot for a dog whose withers are 12".  I may not enter those  and wait till Amber is more senior and the jump height can be negotiated lower.


ACT 1 Round 1

ACT 1 Round 2 for title

ACT 2 Round1 Jumpers
ACT  1 Round 2 Jumpers for title


ACT 2 Round 1


ACT 2 Round 2 for title

 

I watched a movie called Dreamer.  Sunday we watched a movie  called  The Bombardment.

~Bologna is just hotdog pancakes~

No comments:

Blog Archive