Monday, March 7, 2022

My Week

 This is the week of rehearsals and showtime for Annie. I took this picture of Amber and Sarah before Wednesday's rehearsal.


This was the director's kind comment on a Auburn Facebook page followed by a video of Sarah singing. I was referred by a fellow club member and teacher in Auburn.  Her dog probably behaves better than Amber but a big black Labrador doesn't have the "Sandy" look.  

I've  been watching some YouTube videos of the play. I'm mostly watching the dog performance obviously and Amber is running from the cop to Annie well. This one version, the dog is humping Annie at 20:30 on the timer https://youtu.be/LLTLdUJ-JJo

Well Amber did very well on opening night and I could hear "Awe" when she came on stage.  It might have  been the chicken hearts as high value treats.  Personally, sharing my dog this way is more rewarding than all those ribbons that the club brags about but the credentials help to get to moments like this.  The smiles blessed  us for  the patience God  granted me through this little  rescue dog.   I missed a trial for Teacup agility this same weekend. So meanwhile, Amber's little poodle friend caught up with Amber in the title ladder. 

I wrote her bio.




This picture was taken by her mother and I think is shows a great moment of "feeling"

Just like the rest of the cast got to go out and meet the audience, so did Amber.  I had her do a few tricks..

Tuesday I stopped by Godfather's Pizza to listen to a candidate for governor.



Wednesday I had  practice  with Amber in Mechanicsburg. We did another virtual run to be sent in for judging. 

Thursday I had and appointment with a lawyer to have a trust made.  He got stuck in a meeting so it's rescheduled.

Saturday morning I went to our DAR meeting.  Although I've been a member for months, this is the first meeting that I could attend and get a formal induction.



Well now that the play is over, Amber goes to the groomer and will look a little less like a stray for the play.

No comments:

Blog Archive