Tuesday, January 18, 2022

My week

Here's the virtual open level Jumpers run with Amber last Wednesday. It is was judged and qualified. I learned to smile.  😃 I looked nervous taking off, there was little distance on the exit but everything in the middle was great. Let's do it again!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE0mntAxbM 


Tuesday I conducted an audit of the VFW post as a trustee.  I was given the documents to look at at the end of Monday nights meeting and within two minutes they were taken away and told that I could look at them the following day meanwhile the Jr Vice Commander was looking for Trustee Cunningham, who was absent per roll call, in the face of Trustee Connolly that replied present.  After the audit, I came and picked up Sophie for her Tuesday visit at Reflections.  In the evening I picked up Sean for his 45th birthday dinner at El Maztalan restaurant in Lincoln.  I tried something new, the Tulum special.  The photo on the menu looked good and full of vegetables and shrimp.   I was just worried about the chipola sauce but turned out not to be above my hot taste.   I really liked it and brought the rest home.  On the way home, Sean told me he had to get his weekly swab for COVID for work requirements.  I asked how long that's been going on and he said 5 weeks.  I asked what the ratio in his office had to do that and was surprised most.

Wednesday warmed up just enough for agility practice in Mechanicsburg.  Lisa gave us a virtual jumpers course to run and be sent in for judging.  We performed not at the novice level as I expected but the next level up, called open.  It looked good and work in progress.  While waiting my turn, Shari was encouraging me to take agility 104. I told her I already had that class.  She said it was good practice. My face went flat because it's about the masking. Marge was also there and said "get the vaccination".  I doubt I'd be missed.

I have been avoiding going to the Capitol Canine Dog Training club all summer with the exception of the  agility class in October because it was outdoors and I want to avoid masking. 
By the time the meeting minutes come out, 2 or 3 weeks have passed the information is a little outdated.  I think I may need a new hobby as many activities are closed off to me. Francie had asked I was going to take a historic trip to Kansas City museums through Lincoln Land Community College.  I said "I can't go".  I've seen the requirements.  I must try to wait for 5 years when the rest of the world depopulates from blood clots.

I had 2 frustrations on Wednesday: my new phone, and Amber's  lack of distance to do trick dog items at 12 feet.  The weather was nice and I wanted to get this portion of her Trick Dog Champion video done while the sun shines.    I only needed one more item on the trick checklist and that was 6 tricks performed 12 feet away.  I wanted to do this while the weather was nice because 12' is hard to get inside the house.  So I went to the dog park.  Seems like a lot of other people were there also because of the nice weather.  Besides that, Amber was sniffing a lot of poop that was not cleaned up by owners.  So I went to 3 different parks, she was sniffing and exploring there also.  Her poo sniffing has gotten her on my shit list.

Wednesday I got an upgrade for my iPhone X to 13 Pro. I did not have required space on my old phone for many apps including an upgrade for my apple watch that required the upgrade.  It was a frustrating transfer.  Straight Talk helped transfer the irreplaceable contacts and photos but the apps will have to be done manually.  I was most worried about my hearing aid app.  I was able to manually download that app but it's not working real well and phone calls are not being routed to my hearing aids.  I have an appointment for that next week.

On Thursday, Alan informed us that he got his 100% VA disability.  I know it's back, hearing, TMJ, Sleep, etc. little by little put together.

 Saturday I went to yoga class. The 3" of snow forecast was barely worth and inch but I shoveled anyway.  I got a phone call from our DAR chapter regent that she was notified that morning by email that I was selected "Illinois State Outstanding DAR Veteran Volunteer".  My time volunteering has declined tremendously during COVID however.  Oh there's still some but a big cut. The award will be presented April 24th in Bloomington.  I think She was more excited than I was that the chapter gets a state kudo. 

Sunday I sewed a cover for a roll that I'd like to teach Amber how to do the barrel roll trick.  I got the roll at Dollar General but I could see immediately that the Styrofoam would be too soft for the dog's nails.   Hence the cover. 


Sunday I went to a VFW District 10 meeting since it was held at my own post.  

Amber was asked to play Sandy in the high school play "Annie".  We will have to see if she is up to this with a child handler other than myself in time to see if they need a replacement.  I searched on this character and some plays have had a child stand in as a dog acting.   Fingers are crossed.  Sometimes I think a real dog can add the "aww" factor to a play.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive