Monday, June 28, 2021

My Week

What a rainy week we have had here.  I could have filled many rain barrels. I do have a drain into my little plastic swimming pool and of course that overflowed.  Monday morning started off with volunteering at the ALPLM.  I was assigned to the "War Room".  I've always enjoyed the movie "Civil War in Four Minutes" but 4 and a half hours was a lot.  Still have the music in my head.


 All week I couldn't get the music out of my head from the ALPLM War Room.
🎶When Johnny Comes Marching home again🎵🎶

It's like water torture I tell ya....LOL

Tuesday I took Sophie on a visit to the nursing home.  In the evening I returned to the Lincoln Tomb for the Flag Lowering Ceremony.


 

Wednesday morning I went to practice in Mechanicsburg at 8:30.  I got mad at Amber for taking the wrong obstacle and yelled no.  My instructor scolded me for it.  I guess I'm still angry about her mess on Sunday's obedience.

 I slept with the windows open last night for a breeze. We had a nice little storm last night that slammed a door shut. I'm between Auburn and Springfield.

More rain on Saturday and Sunday and Monday.

I went to a PGR mission in Auburn for Aaron Goodin.  MSGT Goodin served with the United States Marine Corps from 1993 - 2019, for a total of 26 years. His father also served 26 years with the Marine Corps. Aaron was a combat engineer having served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Macedonia, Japan and other overseas duty stations. He also served at several Marine bases stateside. He earned and was awarded the Navy Combat Medal w/V, Meritorious Service Award and many other medals and awards too numerous to list here. He was only 47.  He retired from the marines 2 years ago but wanted to reenlist and was turned down due to diabetes.  I spoke with his father briefly before the service.  He told me that he believed the high doses of electrolytes and stuff in energy drinks were behind his death. The PGR ride captain said that he was also counted in the statistics as a COVID death.

 The cemetery drive was way out of the way in a field by well maintained. The flags lined the cemetery. 
Over the memorial luncheon, I heard that an employer offered a woman a secretarial position at $25/hr which is higher than ever.  She came back the next day and told him no because she still had X amount of days lest she lose free money.  Boy is it going to be a shock when the freebies run out.  I came home via the old historic Route 66 brick road. The rain the night before left the creek pretty high.



Thursday I trimmed my evergreen tree that was getting close to the house.  It's actually the second tree off of a baby tree that I chopped down for the same reason but the baby was about a foot out from the other so I kept it.

Friday night I went through a list of VFW post members that need to renew.  A lot of the contact info is outdated.  One member was deceased and found on "findagrave" etc.
Saturday morning I went to yoga which I hadn't done in awhile because of the dog events.  Seems there was a lot of noise coming from the other room that was very disturbing in our class.  Sounded like serious ball slamming but it wasn't outside but coming from the cycle room which was locked.  Later we saw a staff member trying to work on the speaker system in the cycle room that was making all the noise.
Then I went to listen to Municipal band play at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.  I'm glad I went because the music was uplifting.  They play at Duncan Park on Thursdays so I may have to go to that.  I picked up some food for my guinea pig and then went to Walmart and Aldi.

Saturday night I prepared a pot roast in the slow cooker for a typical Sunday share with Sean. Then Alan decided to come over Sunday because he bought a case of steaks.  So, I had to put pot roast in containers.  I was glad to see his new used Lexus.  It sure has some nice features.  It is silencing the outside when the doors are closed.  I know I wear hearing aids but I couldn't hear either of them talking outside the door.  The seat had little holes for air conditioning and a power rear shade.  I'd have to say the worst was the lid on the center council cover was loose.  Better than having dinner was when Alan turned off the power and got a dangling bulb out of ceiling lamp that had been that way for 2 months.  I had this little incident and photo in a previous blog here.   I was waiting to accumulate enough work before getting a handyman to do some things.  I had to clean up shards of glass but it was so good to have light.  In fact I was ready to replace the whole ceiling light but I'll save the replacement that I bought for a big job when I get a handyman.  I also had to replace a light bulb in my fireplace flood lights which is an odd size.  Found them at Walmart but had to buy a 4 pack.  Now the new bulb is LED and brighter than the other next to it.  I'm wondering if I just let the other dull bulb run out or change it now to match with another from that 4 pack.  They are on a dimmer switch.  I was pretty dependent on those with the darkness created by the dark storm clouds.  

Sean thanked us for being kind to Mo.   Mo laid around a lot. Sean is getting used to the idea of Mo's end.  Meanwhile, Hank was shedding.  I had to clean up black hair.  Hank is really soft to pet but oh lordy does he shed. 

My sons watched some loud movie with lots of violence and afterward Sean got me started watching Cruella with a pause in the video to say goodbye and walk the dogs.   There was a little dog that resembled Amber in the movie.

I seem to be getting a few more things done around the house now that I cut off the TV cable bill. Oh I'm still trying find the end of the internet but I get more breaks.  The local news is online livestream too.

No comments:

Blog Archive