Monday, June 14, 2021

My Week

There were many graduation parties in my neighborhood this past week.  I often wanted to throw a party for Sean's college graduation and subsequently rent the legion hall but he was against the idea.  We just had dinner together.  Tuesday I went on a walk-about with the Capitol Canine Dog Training Club.  

Tuesday was also the day that Alan's car got backed into while parked outside a clinic. 




Now to stress over  a replacement when used cars are at a premium over new cars.  Wednesday  morning I had an early morning practice in Mechanicsburg before things got too hot.  In the evening we had an Amvets meeting.

Thursday I went to our open practice which I hope will pay off in a week at the obedience trial.  Here's the figure 8 practice.  We are trying to simulate the trial when a judge comes.


 

Friday Amber had her annual veterinary exam.  I brought her with me to my 7:45-8:15 exercise class with the hatch open and facing the glass doors of my exercise class. Then took her to her 8:30 appointment and waited awhile.  She also had her documentation faxed to Therapy Dog.  

Shortly after that I left to volunteer at the Edgewood Golf Course for an outing that would partially benefit my VFW post.  I had no idea what the job would be but it was selling shots out on the course for $5. I learned about "cherry bombs" and "peanut butter whiskey". It was just over 90 degrees but I was in the shade.

Saturday I went to Decatur for teacup agility with "Dinky Dogs" club.  Amber came into this trial with 2 legs in beginner standard and needed one more.  She did it.  Then I moved up to intermediate and didn't pass on the 1st try at that level. 

There's a 1st place hidden behind the title ribbon

We did an agility game called mute.  Gestures only to follow a numbered course.  It wasn't perfect and I was deducted 5 points for an off course but we still passed.  Also there was a sneaky maneuver coming off the dog walk to make a sharp turnaround into a tunnel that went under the dog walk.  Amber did look perplexed but I coaxed her into that tunnel.  Ya know, she pants with a heavy breath running these courses but I really believe she's happy doing it and showing off.  Amber Ann got two titles this weekend at the Decatur Dog Training Club in Warrensburg. Teacup Beginner Agile Dog (TBAD) and Teacup Games I (TG1). We started on Intermediate level now.

Weekend haul with 2 title ribbons

As of now, I have these titles on my club's report.  Next week I hope to add AKC Novice.


Saturday we had a record high temp of 96.

The fireflies are back.  Missed them little sparkles.




No comments:

Blog Archive