Sunday, June 20, 2021

My Week

 I found a video of myself from the Pittsfield Civil War reenactment presentation on the Soldiers Aid Society https://www.facebook.com/rose.connolly/posts/10223508987705583?notif_id=1623898915443575&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Tuesday morning exercise classes were canceled. So I got my yard mowed while we are between the two heat wave days.  Then I took Amber to the nursing home for tricks. 

Wednesday was busy with 2 agility practices.  One at 8:30 and another at 6:30

Alan picked out a car to replace the Passat Wolfenburg that was totaled a week ago.


Thursday I went to open practice at the club.  Things were set up like a dress rehearsal for the weekend obedience trials. Some that came were clearly not ready. I was disappointed when Amber didn't sit when I stopped.  Sitting is expected to be a silent command on my halt.  I left a little early to go to the check presentation by DAR at the Dana Thomas house.  



 

In the evening I went to my Agility 104 class.  I'm thinking I'm in over my head in 104. I'm so lost and don't know the path with the cones on the back side of the obstacle indicating entry around it from the other side.

Friday we had a heat advisory.   I had an appointment at a new facility for Amber to perform tricks and had them fill out the memorandum of agreement with TDI inc on liability.  The activity director that scheduled this appointment was out sick so I dealt with the facility director.  The previous act was a piano player and I'm told he arrived late and ran overtime.  It was very warm in that sun room.  Even a couple that came in through the patio door seemed to bring a blast of cooler air from outside.  With this, it was hard to motivate Amber who wanted to lay on the cool floor.  Still, We did a good 20 minute routine that went slow and had breaks.  The residents seemed to enjoy it as I pulled out a bunch of props from the suitcase and even had her hide in the suitcase.

Saturday I did our obedience trials. The more difficult one was first and Amber passed with flying colors (for a blue ribbon) of 193 out of 200 points.  The others in our class both failed. My number was 11 and 39.


After being declared a passing score, I had Amber take a bow for judge and volunteers after being declared a success on this test on Saturday but never repeated after that. Beginning luck I guess.

Amber Novice A leg 2

 Then I had to wait for the last of the day trial and it was even easier ~Beginner Novice A.  We failed!  She didn't sit at the finish and stopped in the middle of her recall.  The judge said "try again tomorrow".  That night, I wrote that on the bathroom mirror.  





I failed to title again trying for "AKC Beginner Novice A" and "AKC Novice A".   Both categories have 3 failed attempts each. Need one more in each category to title. I'm wearing down tho. 
But she never ran out of the ring zooming around.

Sunday's Novice A, Amber is #39

Saturday's Beginner Novice A, Amber is #11

 

 Sean came over with Mo. His dog has lost weight and seems rather lethargic.   That dog has more tests later this week.

Sunday was Father's Day. 
One of the things that Father’s Day should provoke is a little quiet remembering - of our own fathers, living and deceased. My own father died 24 years ago - and one of the exercises of death is remembering, and in remembering we learn a lot about the people we grew up with. Especially you who are parents yourselves, I recommend a quiet meditation on your parents - who they really are, and what they gave you, or didn’t give you, and why - what it cost them to be parents, what special and unique and wonderful parts of you are because of what they did and who they are. One of the interesting things about that meditation is how much you can also end up learning about yourself. So first part of my own Father’s Day rambling is to suggest that you spend some time re-collecting your own parents, especially your father. And then perhaps some of the people who also played a father-like role in your life.   

I went to 7AM Mass at Christ the King.  When I arrived, I saw the priest picking up trash in the road in front of the church with a bag and gloves.  It's not in the best neighborhood because it is old but at the same time the interior is so beautiful and old like many European churches.  Hearing was a bit difficult since the old style alter is still in place with the priest's back to the congregation.  But I still think the echo in the cathedral is worse. My parish seems to be leaning liberal.  I feel like I'm being treated like a leper.

“Don't seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow.
Seek to be kind, and you'll find the rainbow follows you.”

 

No comments:

Blog Archive