Monday, April 12, 2021

My Week

Tuesday I went to vote and when it said the end, I noticed there were 2 ballots in the folder.  They were stuck together apparently and the spare was not initialed by the election judge so I turned it in.  Not too many contested elections so it was a no-brainer.

At 1:30 I took Amber back to the nursing home for the first time in over a year.  The activity director had the residents sitting in a row behind the table with a front stage for Amber to perform tricks.  It was a great success. They seemed to get a kick out of the mail box among others.  I would like to teach Amber to close the mail box door but she's more interested in opening.  That's because initially there were treats inside.  I would have to treat on close and that's a whole new skill.  We were invited back in 2 weeks.  In the evening I went to the general membership meeting for the Capitol Canine Training Club.  I slipped out at the end to go to ratting practice in Rochester at 8:20.  Amber was still hitting on an empty tube instead of a tube with a rat in it.  "It's the critter not the litter" is our motto.

Wednesday I took the dogs to see how they would get along at a potential dog sitter for upcoming trip to the memorial.  I started the first week of open trick classes to members of the club.

After acquainting the girls with Connie, the pet sitter, I was on my way home and a lady swiped my car and scratched it. She admitted fault but a kind man stopped to give me his info as a witness. She was in the turn lane and changed her mind to go straight and I was the unlucky one in the blind spot. Shook up but easy to exchange insurance and move on.  The worst part was the thud of the impact.

Her insurance adjuster stopped by on Monday to make arrangements.  I'm not in a hurry but they like to close cases.

Then later I stopped to pick something up and put it back since I couldn't  my wallet. I retraced my steps and they had it at the customer service desk at County Market.
At 5:30,  I had open a Wednesday trick class at the club. Two people showed up with dogs.   Thursday evening I went to the Catholic War Veterans meeting.


Amber and I earned six 1st place ribbons out of ten runs. Sure we were first because we may have been a one-n-only in our category but it sure makes all that work (and training $) rewarding. Level one/two competitors are always last for the day and least amount of obstacles to load on the truck so I had to get this photo before the tunnel got packed up. Love ya Amber Ann! 😍 #nationalpetday2021 


Saturday 4/10/2021:
               FullHouse L1 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Score: 24 (Q)  Time: 37.15 seconds  1st Place

               Standard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 139 yards  SCT: 71 seconds
               Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 48.15 seconds  1st Place

               Wildcard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 91 yards  SCT: 49 seconds
               Score: 25 (NQ)  Time: 29.59 seconds  2nd Place

               Snooker L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               No Time

               Colors L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 72 yards  SCT: 41 seconds
               Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 18.06 seconds  1st Place

    Sunday 4/11/2021:
               Jackpot L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Score: 39 (Q)  Time: 43.40 seconds  1st Place

               Standard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 132 yards  SCT: 69 seconds
               Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 45.68 seconds  1st Place

               Snooker L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               No Time

               Wildcard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 81 yards  SCT: 46 seconds
               Score: 15 (NQ)  Time: 26.82 seconds  3rd Place

               Jumpers L1 -  8 Inch - Judge: Brenda Gilday
               Distance: 92 yards  SCT: 51 seconds
               Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 20.61 seconds  1st Place
  Only the Q's count as qualified scores.  At least Wildcard and Snooker are consistently NQs.  It was rainy both days and I ran the course in my rubber boots.  The sun came out when it was all over.  Most dogs would prefer a tunnel to a teeter so I planned my route that way and guess what? Amber started up the teeter when I called out "tunnel".  I called her off to re-route into the tunnel.  Wildcard doesn't allow for mistakes.

Well we did finish the final title in Level 1 since we had other titles in Level 1 series with one left open.  We attained a title called Fun Level 1.   Other runs were in Level 2 that we started.  Level 2 gets more challenging with the introduction of 6 pole weaves.   Weaves are hard and Amber will do them on my left (heeling side) only.  I have to position myself accordingly while still practicing the right side.

Three times I saw dogs have an accident in the ring.  Automatic failure.   

I tried to make up for lost time with Sophie by taking both dogs on a long walk.  Sophie soiled her fluffy little butt and needed cleaned up.  

Monday evening I went to our VFW meeting and got sworn in as a three year trustee. 

 

 


 

No comments:

Blog Archive