Monday, November 30, 2020

My Week

Beginning of Advent

Amber's tricks at the nursing home paid off in earning her AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer (narrative is in the comments). I wanted to get this video loaded by Oct 1st deadline to AKC for a nationwide contest to be announced in mid December. I was holding off sharing the video because it was too early.   The time seems right to share with you something I've been holding back that I had only shared with a few others.  I'm talking about Amber's Christmas Story for her AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer title.  Here is the video link.  https://youtu.be/7fqfw1c7-qM    Imagine trying to get props in July and Aug during a pandemic! Hope you enjoy her tricks as the residents have through the window and read by an activity director instead of Santa. The window tricks are seldom done because it's very weather dependent to plan in advance on their monthly calendar. 

Sophie thought that the leg band was a toy.

Tuesday I shipped off 31 masks to Viroqa WI.  Sad they will take so long to get there with post office delays.  Mail has been so slow lately.

Tuesday evening I took Amber to members only obedience practice.  I introduced Amber to the dumb bell and broad jump.  While practicing the broad jump, she not only did a zoomie but she stole another dog's dumb bell.  I was shocked and embarrassed.  It's like she gets this huge sugar rush and just has to get it out of her system.  Her speed will help her in agility if I can only get that speed to do the proper path. 

Wednesday I wanted to get a head start on Thanksgiving.  I prepared a sugar free, crust-less pumpkin pie.  Then I ruined the turkey breast and had to quickly go out and get another.   I turned the oven on to self clean while it was in there and got locked out.  I didn't tell my sons about this mistake and doubt they will read my blog. Ha!

The replacement turkey breast was much much better. Every thanksgiving, I go to Mass and father blesses something we will have on our dinner table. Usually people bring bread or a vegetable.  Every year I place wine at the foot of the alter.  After the blessing, Father John lifted my champagne bottle and said "what time do we eat?" It was hard to hear with my hearing aids. It was the signed champagne bottle from my balloon ride in Glorious Drifter that I saved.  


We had stuffing, potatoes, mixed vegetables, tomatoes with mozzarella.  Alan brought a bakery style apple pie that you bake yourself.  We said grace and something we were thankful for during the past year.  We were stuffed.

Then we walked our dogs around the 2 blocks.  That's becoming a tradition right there.  They left just before the sun started going down.

Thursday evening we had a Pawsitive Zone Thanksgiving Zoom meeting at 6PM.   Sandra created a slide show for dog trivia.  She gave no clues in advance. I'd like to call attention to my special effect lipstick on my screen that was built into the Zoom settings.  I really wasn't wearing lipstick.  Since I pre-tested the setting before the actual meeting, I wanted to see what the effect would look like if I put my mask on.  Well, I had lips on the mask when I moved too.


Some of the questions were:

What is the name of the smallest breed: Corgi, pug, chihuahua, poodle

What medical condition affects most dogs: arthritis, anxiety, obesity, depression  

What dog breed is considered the heaviest: St Bernard, Airedale, Great Dane, Bull dog

What breed is considered the world's rarest:  Saluki, Malamut, Boston Terrier, telomain 

What human organ do dogs lack:  prostrate, pancreas, appendix, uterus 

Which four colors can a dog see: too many commas to list the choices

What breed is called the king of terriers:  rat terrier, Airedale,  Boston, Cairn

What is Snoopy's breed:  Beagle, chihuahua, jack Russel, shih tzu

What breed is most popular in the US:  boxer, beagle, Labrador, German Shepard

Where is the Australian Shepard from:  United States, New Zealand, Australia, Japan

What sense are puppies born without: sight, hearing, taste, smell

Afterward, we all wanted to finish in time to watch the AKC National Dog show.

Saturday I took Amber and Sophie to Petsmart to get a harness for Amber. Amber is between a small and a medium size.  I got the medium.  I adjusted the straps at the shortest and she still slips out.  She did enjoy seeing the rats as we are now calling them. 


Sunday afternoon I dressed up as Mrs Claus. 

80 + bikes socially distanced as part of the Sid Wood Memorial Toy Run for Contact Ministries. 




We had our temperature taken at sign in, wore masks when close together, and did our drops outside instead of inside the building. Proof these things can be done right. Too bad other cities are cracking down on Charity Rides at this time of year.

Thank you Lord for everything you have done for me. Forgive me of all my sins. Heal me from the hurts from the past and present. I love you & need you to cover me with your precious & Holy blood, my family, my friends, my loved ones. Give me your blessings Lord. Guide, comfort & protect everyone that seeks you , needs you & believes in you. Amen

No comments:

Blog Archive