Monday, November 23, 2020

My Week

 Last Monday night I had week 4 of 6 of level 2 nose work class. It was the first time she had to find birch scented hot box without a treat on top of the box. Amber seemed puzzled at first because she was more interested in looking for a box that had a treat and an odor. Now she had to look for the odor then the treat.  So Tuesday I practiced twice and she's catching on that she finds the odor then gets a treat. Even better is her indication ~ she put her paw on the hot box. The other 3 shoe boxes were blanks.  I've been practicing nose work at home.  There is a birch scent in the pink shoe box.  She'd been hitting on the white box that used to contain envelopes.  I'll bet there's a distracting scent in that box so it has to go.

I picked up a doggie Advent Calendar

Wednesday I took both dogs to Mechanicsburg for agility practice.  Actually Sophie went along for the ride.  Amber wanted to wander around instead of focusing on the obstacles.  I need patience.  We used to go for lunch afterward but the restaurants are closed.

Thursday I talked to the DAR about Wreaths Across America.  Here are my slides.  There were about 8 people present.  They gave me a check toward Wreaths Across America after I showed them my slideshow. 

The DAR  presented a pin and certificate as a surviving spouse of a Vietnam Veteran.



 

The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum is closed with fall surge in COVID-19. I was to have my first volunteer opportunity on Sunday.  That was to be my first volunteer opportunity at the presidential museum this Sunday is now closed.

The dog trials at the state fairgrounds weekend of Thanksgiving canceled. Teacup agility in Decatur on Dec 5 and 6 is canceled. 

Sunday's Mass had even stricter Covid restrictions.  We had to wear our masks the whole service and now even our priest wore a mask.   Up until now, we only had to wear a mask while walking in the aisle and could remove it when we were seated including communion.  Church volunteers immediately sanitize the pews and church's places that were touched.   Is it just me or does it seem that COVID deaths are blamed on masking and not washing of hands anymore?  We have to go online to make a reservation ensuring the percentage of occupancy limited to 125.   The 10:30 service is live-streamed on Facebook and YouTube.

Sean and I watched "Enemy at the Gate"  

Amber came in from the back yard with muddy whiskers.  It looks funny and I had to clean her face.

Now to focus on Thanksgiving with my sons.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.



No comments:

Blog Archive