Tuesday, February 25, 2020

My Week


Monday was President's Day so I wore my T shirt that said "I miss Abe".   I took Sophie to the Nursing Home.  I did know someone there too but I didn't recognize her in a wheel chair.

In the evening I went to see Kathryn Harris portray Harriet Tubman.
The news media was there so there's a screenshot of me in the audience.
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/chatham-public-library-celebrates-black-history-month

I got a call that a member of our Amvets post had passed away so I quickly ordered some flowers for the post online.  Instead of using the recommendations listed in the online obituary, I ordered flowers online from County Market and they even delivered.   They were just as good for half the price.
We had a short notice between Jerry's passing and the visitation so I had to act fast.
Tuesday

Wednesday evening I took Amber to rally practice.

Thursday I went to yoga, then took Sophie to practice, then on a nurshing home visit, and then in the evening CWV.

Friday I helped with tours at the Lincoln Tomb.  The busses are starting to pick up.


Friday I finished a session for Trick Dog in the evening.  Next is the expert level tricks and they are getting harder.

Saturday morning I left early for St Louis to be part of the George Washington Birthday Ball at the old courthouse.  This is the same day as the Mardi Gras parade so traffic tripled along with construction.  But it was a beautiful day.  Here is an overhead view of the grand march.  I'm behind Shirley in the red dress.

 Here I am center right doing a Spanish Waltz




A woman said I looked just like Mary Todd Lincoln.  I jokingly held up my fingers showing her she's "that much taller than me".
Here is the group photo:
 This is a dance with one man and two ladies and then the man behind will rotate forward.

I left a little early so I could attend a veterans event at Trinity Lutheran Church in Auburn by the Black Tigers Honor Guard.
They have an event on the 22d of every month for veterans.  The 22d was chosen because there's an average of 22 veterans per day committing suicide.

Sunday morning after church, I took Amber to the nursing home.  We didn't stay long because there was no staff to sign my documentation nor was Amber in the mood to perform so I left withing 20 minutes.   I fixed a pot roast in the crock pot from my son when he came to do laundry.  His dog Mo has a limp going on.  Sunday evening I took both of my dogs for rally practice.
Having trouble with the blue tooth connection on my hearing aids. 

Monday I went to a funeral for a member of our VFW post. 


No comments:

Blog Archive