Monday, February 10, 2020

My Week


Last Sunday and Monday we had temperatures in the upper 50s and 60s.  Tuesday we had snow.

I had started a new session of agility.  I mentioned to Lisa Schmitt the problem that I had last Thursday with Amber nipping at me and she gave me some clues as to what I was going wrong.  Before she told us to "deliver the treat" but for Amber I must toss the treat and give permission to "get it".  In the evening I went to a small discussion group at church on the saints.  It was held 6:30 to 7:15 which gave me time to catch the Capitol Canine Club's general membership meeting in progress that started at 7PM
I skipped exercise to go to New Salem for a book discussion.  Besides they gave volunteers a copy of the Witnessing History video that I had a cameo spot. 
I really liked the video because it explains the complicated sociology-economic impacts of Lincoln's pre-presidency.

Wednesday the snow began to fall followed by cancellations of dog practice and Legion Riders meeting.  However, I still went to the visitation of John Evans who died in last week's airplane crash.
Before I left, I got my electric snow blower out.  The snow blower stopped from what looked like a stick at first but was really a nylon covered wire that got tangled in the blades.  It took some de-tangling.  I was concerned because I didn't think there was a place to have my machine repaired.  However, it did work and I got to finish the job.

When I got to the visitation, the parking lot was full and I spent an hour and 45 minutes in there.  My Apple Watch gave me an award for standing achievement.

Thursday morning I went to yoga but we had a substitute instructor.  At 11 I took Amber to open practice and there were only 4 of us because of the weather so we had some great quality time.  Then Sophie went on a visit at 2 and then I had Amber's agility 103 class.  She did pretty well.  As cold as it was, I did get heated up running the course in a sweat shirt.

Friday I took Amber on a trick visit to the nursing home.  Before I left I gave her a bath.  Amber's wire hair seems to be a little more wash and wear than Sophie.  I took her to the dryer and she didn't seem to mind it after a roll around in the towel and couple of shakes.  Being brushed (by a stranger) is part of the AKC Canine Good Citizen exam.  Now a funny thing happened.  Sophie tapped me on the leg wanting a brushing too.  So I did and she rolled over on the floor for the brush too.  She's learned to go hide in a suitcase last week and I was able to haul her props to the nursing home in it.  During her visit, she kinda tuckered out after a half hour.  But in the evening she had her trick class and was able to revive her energy.  She was really food motivated by then.   Now I'm working on rolling up in a blanket.
 This little girl once had the devil in her.  She is a fighter and I'm and exorcist.

Saturday I went to a meeting at the Capitol Canine club to discuss helping at the upcoming trials.  Looks like I got roped into manning a table next September for Pawsapalooza.

Sunday morning I went to a Memorial Mass with the Catholic War veterans at St James Parish.  The priest was so overly pleased to recognize our post at Mass. Here is a group photo taken 2/9/2020 Memorial Mass at St James parish:  L -R Dale Smith, Dennis KIRCHGESNER, Rose Connolly, Fr Raphael DeMorena, Pat Noel, and Joan Garvert


















In the evening I went to rally practice and then watched agility on TV.  Watching the agility masters brought me even more questions. 


No comments:

Blog Archive