Monday, March 2, 2020

My Week


Feb 25: We were supposed to have 4" of snow and we did have a lot of snow but it was so wet and slushy that it was more like white coating.   This video was on the news.  It snowed the size of snowballs.

I went to Mass for Ash Wednesday at 7AM.  Afterward I went to exercise class.  The parking lot at PowerWorks was scant and the 2 levels of classes were combined because many stayed home and schools were closed.  It was a good workout.
I fixed rice ramen with oriental vegetables and scallops.

I was at interveterans council meeting Wednesday night and told them of Dianne's story briefly. There was a vote to get a check for her for $100. Her phone cuts off at midnight so I drove her to bank right away.  Thursday evening I went to the Catholic War Veterans meeting.

Friday I attended the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs Desert Storm Remembrance ceremony.

 Womens Overseas Service League:  Myself, a prospective member of WOSL, IDVA Dir Chapa LaVia, Gwen Dhiel, Grace Miller and Joan Garvert


Here's a link to photos from the State Journal Register that were taken at the event:  here

Saturday we had our state Catholic War Veterans meeting here in Springfield.  Poor showing for that also.  I dragged a tote of history records which I had been hoping that a priest from Chicago would put in their museum (and leave space in my garage) but he got called away.  I thought some of those present would like to see them.  They are heavy but only one looked at what I brought.  Then trying to round people up for a group photo was like herding cattle.  The 2 from LaSalle were about to leave without my request.  I insisted.
Sunday was beautiful and warm.  People were getting out and I opened the new windows that I had installed last November.  I took Amber to the nursing home to do some tricks.  She did rather well.  I got to demonstrate her new basketball skills.
They seemed to get a kick out of it and I think Amber likes it too.  I need to get her a basketball jersey and a better coach.  
Later there was open agility practice at 3-5 then rally practice at 5-7 so Amber is tired.  Sunday night there was a thunder storm and poor Amber shivered in bed.  I could not console her. 

Monday I took Sophie to the nursing home and in the evening I went to the American Legion meting.   I shared information exchanged at the Interveterans council meeting for which I'm our post delegate.  I happened to win the 50-50 drawing and will give that to the lady veteran in dire need.

I end this after missing the coffee table with my wine glass and busy with a clean up.  No worries...I have a box of wine glasses that my son gave me for Christmas that I never used and now it's time to open that box.  Hope I got all the shards of glass cleared.    

No comments:

Blog Archive