Wednesday, March 11, 2020

My Week


Wednesday I had lunch with Michael.  In the evening I took Sophie to rally practice followed by Legion Riders meeting at 6:30. 

Sophie was offered her 1st official hospice visit but the patient didn't make it overnight for Thursday's visit.  However, the patient did see Sophie on last Monday's regular visit through the nursing home.  Then on Friday, I got an email from Therapy Dog International that all visits were suspended because of the corona virus.

Thursday evening I went to the visitation for Martha.  Her and her husband Ken attended many patriotic events like the Flag Lowering Ceremony at Lincoln's Tomb and honor flight homecomings.   It was a short visit because I had to get back for Agility 101 class that just started on Thursday evenings for 6 weeks.  This time I'm not a student but an assistant instructor.

Saturday I went to New Salem for a workshop by Margo Krager of Reproduction Fabrics.com.  I'm glad I went but the details were very specific.  I knew some people that attended.  The crowd was a mix of quilters and reenactors.  Lunch was provided.
In the afternoon, Ms. Krager will presented “4000 Years of Indigos: From Egyptian Mummies to American Cowboys”.

Sunday was daylight savings.  A friend on Facebook stayed up to watch the clock on her computer at 1:59 jump to 3AM.  Interesting but I wouldn't do that.  I went to monthly Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  Best turn out yet but I was disappointed that I saw a member that didn't sit with us and I tried to find him after mass for this photo.  Bothers me.

I fixed the dogs some St Patrick's Day scarfs.  I want to finish my sewing projects that were put of.

When I work Amber and Sophie at the club, one has to be kenneled and Sophie doesn't like it.  She shakes that little kennel that's on top of a bigger kennel like an earthquake.  I even cover it with a sheet.  So guess who will be kenneled at home more?  I did not know she didn't like the kennel because she will sometimes go in when the door is open to nap.  Close the door and I have a cry baby pekingese.

The paperwork has been processed. I am now a Worldstrides Course Leader Educator.  That's the temporary position for tour buses.

Alan got his promotion.

I went to our Women's Overseas Service League luncheon and can't take the bashing of the president any longer.  I shall not return after years of this bashing. She must assume everyone there has her point of view while I'm biting my tongue. In particular, politicizing Covid 19.   I gain nothing by attending and leave feeling bad.   I noticeably got up and left.  I did get an apology via email which I accepted but still question whether I want to submit myself to more shit.  I came home and gave the dogs a brisk walk-it-off.   In the evening I went to a discussion group on saints at church.  Then relaxed to a blazing fire in the fireplace.
 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive