Monday, April 8, 2019

My Week


Tuesday I went on a PGR mission for Ken who was also the man who fitted my glasses.  The following day I went to the Unaccompanied Burial at Camp Butler.

 Tuesday evening I went to a meeting at the Capitol Canine Club and then ran over to the airport for the homecoming for the Land of Lincoln Honor flight.  Here I am with our beauty queens.

I got new shoes at the mall and they were not cheap.   They are New Balance and great customer service by the store manager.  My only complaint was they use loud music to draw customers in and then have the nerve to ask to be of assistance.  I couldn't hear.

Friday I gave tours at the Lincoln Tomb and it was crowded.  Bus after bus arrived.  I was the bus greater then handed the students off to another tour guide inside.

Saturday I carpooled with Rex of the Korean War Veterans group to the Quincy Veterans home for the semi annual advisory council meeting.   I represented our "Women's Overseas Service League".   After the meeting we toured the newly remodeled facility after numerous Legionnaires deaths at the old.  More residents will move in here shortly.  This is the newly renovated Hammond Hall.
 The map of the campus doesn't show Hammond Hall because it is located 2 blocks away off campus.  I had to follow someone there.
 The director was our tour guide and showed us all the fancy features and electronics.
 The rooms were spacious (and equipped outlet-wise) enough for 2 residents but square footage was legally short according to rules so there's only an occupancy rate shorter than the possibilities.


 One of those fancy tubs in the bath.


 This nice courtyard is accessible from  3 wards.
 Here's the lunch we were served.


Saturday evening I had dinner at church. The occasion was called "Starry Night" where the youth provide dinner and entertainment for the seniors of the parish.   After dinner we played "Name that Tune" and my table did horrible on the 50's so when it came time for the next round with the 60's, I pulled up my trusty cell phone and we caught up and did not loose with shame.


The evening ended with "The Twist"

Sunday morning I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  What a nice looking group.
In the afternoon I went to Peoria with the dance group for a fundraiser for what they call "The Shaft Project".  There were some photos in the paper here. 




No comments:

Blog Archive