Monday, April 15, 2019

My Week

What a week of ups and downs in the weather.  One day I'm cutting the grass and then Sunday it snows.  I thought I could take my coats to the cleaners.  Glad I didn't yet.

In the evening I went to our Passion practice.  The place where I was to stand was glaring with evening sunlight through the stained glass window so I started to play with the shadows.
Fortunately, it was cloudy the day of the afternoon presentation.  However, we were standing under glaring spotlights.  At the last 10:30 Mass, I got to my pedestal on the Altar, my hearing aid said "battery low".  That was a second warning and I had ignored the first.  At least it was on the preferred side.
I must admit I like being taller in the back on a pedestal. 

 When the Jews addressed Pilot, we faced an imaginary balcony.
Our official group.  Yeah we took this before Mass started and people were sitting in their pews watching us. Some people were coming into church still.  Everyone in our parish has name tags that we wear every Sunday.  I think I was the only one in the photo that wore mine for the script.
It was such an honor to be part of this passion-ate presentation.  I know from the few comments I received that the long passion was easier to connect with when presented this way.  I know that when Jesus died, we also lowered our heads as 2 minutes of sorrowful music played.  I felt the emotion as I looked down.

I stopped by Capitol Canine club before my AmVets meeting for a few minutes to see the course and what I was missing. I got to pet Rex (a rough doberman who knocked my hearing aid out) and of course Pixie (toy poodle). After I came home from the Amvets meeting, Amber just poked her sniffing nose all over my legs. She knows!

I took Amber to ring ready practice. Pam Thornburg thought Amber was not reacting to a tug on the leash so she got a chain loop collar out of the closet.  The treats are no longer working so the sound of the chain is next.  Amber has come a long way. Pam walked Amber around and it was so beautiful and perfect.  That got me emotional to see perfection.

Saturday morning I got up early and went to Peoria's Retiree Appreciation Day.  Well it wasn't just a free meal and presentation but my son had a booth there.
 His weight loss is showing......
 Proud mom and son.
 Here he is making dog tags.  I had one made too because now we have a DoD number on our ID card instead of a social security number.

When Sean came over, we tried a frozen cauliflower crust pepperoni pizza.  We approve.   Then I made a gluten free spice cake.

I took the girls to Petsmart for photos:
Sophie went first on the lap and Amber is always jealous.
Sophie is used to laps.  She didn't even flip over for the belly rub. 
Here are the official photos:
  

No comments:

Blog Archive