Monday, October 29, 2018

My Week


As a new member, there was an article about me in the Capitol Canine Club's newsletter accompanied by this photo:
The sun was in my eyes but at least I had both dogs under control.  I'm seated on my gardening knee stool by my rustic fence. 

I've had a seedling from the evergreen that was too close to the house cut down and had to be cut down about 9 years ago.  I'll never forget that because I cut that evergreen down because it had been ruining the roof and it was due for a roof job.  Now a seedling is full size and needed a trim too.  This one is a little farther from the house by about a foot so I thought it would be less in the way than it's parent.  But...it grew too.
Tuesday I went to our 114th Regiment picnic at our little regiment house.  It was a pot luck style.

Wednesday I went on a special, private tour with the Civil War Round-table of the Illinois.  Participation was limited for a small group.




 This was our guide, led by David Joens






Friday it rained and I had an appointment to get a brake recall fixed at Green Nissan.  I was totally surprised to have a recall on a 10 year old vehicle. Especially on brakes after having new brakes and struts last spring.  Well, it was a part related to brake fluid but not the brakes.  At first they told me it would take 4 hours wanted me to drop it off and use their shuttle service but I explained that I live outside their shuttle service so I would camp out in their waiting room with my dog.  I had a big dog mat and got a little training time in with Amber.  It actually took 1 1/2 hours. 

In the evening I went to Rocky Horror with my veteran girl friends.  3 of the 4 were first timers.
Saturday morning I went to a meeting for our Soldiers Aid Society at the regiment house.
Afterward I picked up Sean and we celebrated Alan's birthday at a Mexican restaurant in Lincoln.  We ate there as a half way trip between Springfield and Peoria.  Alan said he didn't get much sleep so we kept it short.  Sean gave him this Hercules and Diomedes  statue.  Yep...in detail.  The laugh was worth what ever he paid for this statue.
I gave Alan some money for tires and a base board heating vent for his bathroom. I had noticed it needed replacement.  I also noticed his tires needing a replacement.

Sunday afternoon I went to the VFW Halloween party.  These are the winners; Logano and Woody.  Woody even had a pull tag on the back. 
This is what I wore.  It's the same I wore for Fasching and won a bottle of wine last February for most original Fasching costume at the German club.  I started to make a new paper mache mask but Amber ruined it.  I need a good mask that is custom made to cover my glasses and still be able to breath.  This one is ugly. It's the shape and paint job. I think I need something that adds height.  Someone on Facebook thinks this wild character is probably me based on my height.  Hmmm!

   You can't tell I"m smiling!

While walking my dogs, I noticed this can/drum in the front yard with the name of the street on it.
Well I close with a busy Monday:  Exercise group, Therapy Dog visit, observer/assistant to Lisa's private dog training, then evening back to back beginner dog obedience classes and their subsequent graduation.  Exhausted.

Enjoy the Autumn colors.   💤💤💤  Happy Halloween  💀




No comments:

Blog Archive