Monday, October 22, 2018

My Week


The cold has affected my arthritis, the sewer construction detoured me ito a ditch causing me to twist my ankle in the dark while walking the dogs, and then I cut my thumb opening a can.  What a wreck. 

Monday night I came early to assist with the first Obedience class and it was good because that assistant was delayed.  I did double duty with classes back to back.

Tuesday morning we got our hard frost.  There was a lighter one earlier but that was spotty.  Amber and I just finished a 5 week Leash training class. We were rewarded with a brownie and a poo bag. THAT WON'T GO TO WASTE !!!!! BAAA HA HA HA

I guess I feel more motivated than ever after observing agility last weekend.  All this controversy over fake emotional support animals, and the real love I see between dogs and their owners  are deeply moving.  Activities are vital.  I know that Sophie has brought much happiness.  I hope I can get others to do the same.  I thank you for being that "wind beneath my wing" even if it's a breeze at times.  I don't know if TDI will even accept my application next year, nor how my first exam session will be, but I wish that therapy dogs will not end because I've seen the good.  I will need much support esp now that I am hearing impaired.  Amber doesn't know what she does for me as wild as she is but she helps me with my weak hearing.

On the other hand, I'm just glad to see regular pets as opposed to abuse.  In fact it was a hint (Amber Alert) that led me to find my Amber (aka training subject) by


I paid Sophie's $30 renewal fee to TDI but still will have to submit her veterinarian clearance in December in order to be renewed Dec 31st.

Wednesday I went to the brown bag lunchtime lecture at the Illinois State Archives on a new acquisition of clothing from the Enos family. 

I skipped yoga on Thursday because I sprained my ankle the night before.  I did go to yoga on Saturday morning to make up for it but my ankle was still tender.
Thursday was busy even with my tender ankle.  First there's the Secretary of State,  Jesse White's Veterans history project program at 11:30.  Later I took Sophie on a Therapy Dog visit around 2. Then Lafore Lock pilgrimage at 4PM


 I gave our post commander a flag to lead the procession.  He's newly elected and not familiar with the route so our adjutant on one side and I on the other.  Lanphier High School drum corp gave a nice cadence.

Here's a link to the TV news on the Lafore Lock Pilgrimage.  I had our post commander carry the flag and I carried a basket of poppies.
https://newschannel20.com/news/local/springfield-native-killed-in-world-war-i-honored-thursday
Here we are taking off.  Our post commander carrying the flag and since he didn't know the way to the tomb, I walked by his side.

Friday the electrician came to upgrade my breaker box and CFI outlets and other things that were found on my recent home inspection.  They were 3 generations here and all named Rex Speeks.  I got a new breaker box, new LED light in the 1/4 bath, and CFI outlets in the kitchen and bath.  I think I got everything taken care of from that home inspection.... except the carbon monoxide detector.  I slipped away for Sophie's appointment at the "Paw Wash"

In the evening I went to the Iles House for a candlelight reception honoring James Cornelius, the foundation president. 

I received a bill for an appointment last May at Springfield Clinic that wasn't covered/unnecessary according to TRICARE.  I sent a message to TICARE/Humanna and that's what they said.  So I paid it but canceled the next followup appoint in April 2019.

Saturday afternoon I took the girls to Petsmart for the Halloween Pet Parade.  The things I do for free treats.  Amber was really settled down from her normally active style when I dressed her in the Civil War camp dress.  Just look at that stare.

Amber was afraid of the person in the dog costume for the photo shoot so I put her on the table.
 Sophie ran when she saw me pull her pumpkin costume out.  She remembered it from last year and the waddle walk she had.

But she was more than willing to get on the sheriff's lap in true therapy dog fashion.

Sunday I fixed a reuben bake recipe that I got from my sister. I had to substitute canned corned beef from a can and cut myself on the screw off lid. Bled like crazy but didn't hurt. Just before church too. I had the worst bandage ever applied with one hand so I asked our parish nurse to redo the wrap. I was a Eucharistic minister and it would have literally stood out like a sore thumb.  Kathy helped apply a proper bandage from the parish first aid kit.  It tastes good.  Sean liked it.

I had a big jar of sauerkraut so that was added to some Amish noodles.

I trimmed the evergreen in my front yard that is getting out of control.  This was once a seedling from the one I took down that was too close to the house and rubbing up on the roof.  This seedling is now as big as the parent but a foot farther from the house.  I figure after the wind we had on Saturday, the village will be picking up down branches and this trimming has good timing.  I save my down branches for my fireplace.

No comments:

Blog Archive